It is currently 24 Feb 2017, 13:58

All times are UTC+01:00

Unread postPosted: 23 May 2010, 17:27 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
For those who are interested in the wonderful sport of football, you'll be fully aware it's world cup year. Unfortunately Scotland didn't quality (again) :oops: but England will participate representing the home nations. I'll catch the evening & weekend games.

Argentina or Spain are my candidates to win the world cup but it'd be great to see the African nations doing well.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 21:07 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Argentina & Spain remain good bets while Brazil have been impressive so far, it's a pity though that South Africa and other African countries have been eliminated from the world cup.

The attitude & application of the French team has been :crybye: if you or I tried that snash in our workplace, we'd be picking up our P45 on the way out the door. For England, last chance saloon tomorrow v Slovenia - cue the French type strop with Rooney & Terry. It'll be interesting to see what reaction they get at premiership grounds next season should pre tournament expectations not be fulfilled.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 23:01 
Translator - French
Translator - French

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon Doyle
pfffff French Team ??? Don't tell me anything about it please. They have been so shameful. I don't know what and why they were playing, but obviously not football. Against Mexico, they have played during the last five minutes, where were they before ?

Fortunately, there are few interesting teams left. The US team played well, and Mexico too. I don't know who will win, but i only hope that it will be with a nice interesting play, and don't forget the most important, the fair-play.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 26 Jun 2010, 19:46 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
We have no hope of winning.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 26 Jun 2010, 22:21 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Kerri wrote:
We have no hope of winning.

That's a pessimistic attitude Kerri, it's 11 v 11 - but I will be supporting Germany for 1 night only :-| . I suspect there'll be a few sore heads come Monday morning whatever the result. I only hope that when Brazil host the world cup in 2014, not just England qualify from the home nations.

I really hope those Vuvuzelas don't make too high profile an appearance in British football stadiums next season, I appreciate they are African tradition but if you're suffering from the effects of the night before, it's the last thing you want/need.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 27 Jun 2010, 22:07 

Knew it!

The first thing we shoulda done was not have played Johnson, he is the worst footballer I have ever seen, it was his fault defence was lacking so badly. and why play Heskey he canot stay on his feet. Lumbering elephant.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 21:34 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I think it'll be a Holland v Germany world cup final, Spain was/is one of my original favourites but the Germans have been typically methodical and efficient as the competition has progressed. They've participated in something like 10 of the previous 14 world cup semi finals which is exceptionally impressive.

To contradict the impression that the Germans don't have a sense of humour, German tv interviewed some of their fans after the England game hence a chant of "you're just a small part of Scotland" - nothing like a bit of international sporting rivalry. Just don't mention the war as John Cleese said many years ago.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 09 Jul 2010, 17:40 

Predicted the winner from the start, even have a bet on the old spanish

Report this post