It is currently 27 Feb 2017, 12:40

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3855 Next
Unread postPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 19:50 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Becky wrote:
I got the cage and food and everything needed, just need to find some mice!!

You can always try and look in your cellar :lol:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 19:54 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Becky wrote:
I got the cage and food and everything needed, just need to find some mice!!

5 day weekend? Lucky you!!

If this bites you in the ass, you're on your own :P

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 21:31 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm happy that I have a lovely husband and 2 childern sabrina 12 and alan 7 but sad that alan has dyspraxia and can't talk

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 22:19 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

samantha wrote:
I'm happy that I have a lovely husband and 2 childern sabrina 12 and alan 7 but sad that alan has dyspraxia and can't talk

( :welcome: ) Aww, I don't 100% know what that is, can you explain it (I've heard of it just not sure what it is)

SOOOO GLAD I'm moving hosts, after 3 hours trying to get through to my current host on Sunday and 2 seconds to get thorugh to my new one makes me feel I've made the right choice - down time will be in the next few days but just sorting out some stuff to add to the site after we're back

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 01:09 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Not very productive today, but then this evening I had 2 phone calls; one from a very depressed friend who, with her dog, had just passed their Good Citizen Bronze test, and the other from a friend whose husband had an operation today to successfully remove a tumour from between his brain and his skull. So today was a good day. victory.gif

And I'm desperate to know how Kerri's (Poppet's?) busking went!! What do you play? Where did you go to busk? I busked twice, about 100 years ago, in the walkway under Exhibition Road - great acoustics, and great fun. :) :) :) Violin, by the way, though now it's viola.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 13:56 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Oh I would love to busk (I play guitar) but nowhere in Preston to do it well really!

Back to the Mice malarky, my dad has agreed, was going to get them today but he's really busy, and tomorow i'm going Manchester! So going to be the weekend after next!

But OH MY I am so excited about Slueth!! Im far to giddy lol, i'm like a little kid!!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 20:49 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself because, after 7 months at the 'fat class' and much effort, I've reached my target weight - 3 stones 2 & a half lbs lighter. First time in years I've been labelled skinny though that's kinda exaggerated.

I can partly credit SMCFC as the catalyst for the success, so many plans have fallen into place via this site so I thank you all. Don't think I'll be the beached whale at the swimming pool this summer!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 23:15 

I just earnt myself a day off sixth form as I have food poisning thanks to my mums lasagne. eugh..
But I'm hopefull that I am better for our gig tomorrow night

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 23:18 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kerri wrote:
I just earnt myself a day off sixth form as I have food poisning thanks to my mums lasagne. eugh..
But I'm hopefull that I am better for our gig tomorrow night

You got food poisoning and NOT from you own cooking? Shocked - you should be used to food posioning by now :wink:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2008, 00:53 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Well done Clare, I'm so jealous!! - and still fat! Which class did you go to? 3 stone in 7 months is really good going - and it means you'll be slim and sylph-like for Sleuth in May! Hmmm, I wonder how much I can lose before the end of May?!! unsure.gif :wink:

And great news about the mice, Becky - everything comes to she who waits! And you're right, nowhere in Preston springs to mind as an ideal busking venue. There are so many places in London, though it's less good than it used to be as they jump up and down now if you busk in the Underground.

So Kerri, how was it??????? Where did you play?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Feb 2008, 07:41 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Ali G wrote:
Well done Clare, I'm so jealous!! - and still fat! Which class did you go to? 3 stone in 7 months is really good going - and it means you'll be slim and sylph-like for Sleuth in May! Hmmm, I wonder how much I can lose before the end of May?!! unsure.gif :wink:

And great news about the mice, Becky - everything comes to she who waits! And you're right, nowhere in Preston springs to mind as an ideal busking venue. There are so many places in London, though it's less good than it used to be as they jump up and down now if you busk in the Underground.

Cheers Ali, it was my local Scottish Slimmers class and, yes, achieving a better figure for Sleuth and Majorca the next day was high on my list of incentives.

I'm surprised there isn't any high profile locations in Preston where people can busk, what like is the town/city centre for entertaining shoppers?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Feb 2008, 16:35 

Ali G wrote:

We didn't go busking in the end, I whimped out of it, and decided to go to Camden market! But we were going to do our own songs :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 12:38 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Nope, there's nowhere in Preston, the only place people play guitar outside is at my college! haha! There is this one guy who sometimes plays guitar outside HMV or down near Footlocker, but no one bothers watching and HMV are certainly no fan of him lol!

And Kerri your a disgrace...whimping out! Tsch lol

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 15:09 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Kerri, don't worry about wimping out - it is pretty scary to start with! :fright: :swoon:
Mind you, at least you were with your band - I was just me and my violin, and a music stand to hide behind!! You soon relax and enjoy yourself, though - perhaps you'll get another chance soon. Was Camden Market any good? Just think, spending money instead of earning it!!! unsure.gif :P

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Feb 2008, 15:22 

Ali G wrote:
Kerri, don't worry about wimping out - it is pretty scary to start with! :fright: :swoon:
Mind you, at least you were with your band - I was just me and my violin, and a music stand to hide behind!! You soon relax and enjoy yourself, though - perhaps you'll get another chance soon. Was Camden Market any good? Just think, spending money instead of earning it!!! unsure.gif :P

Yep were going to London soon for our competition semi-finals so, I'm sure I'll be bugged into doing it!
Camden is awesome, but every time I go there I come back home with no money :oops: ... Can't believe it caught on fire!
I think I'd rather busk playing my trumpet, although I'm a bit out of practice :cry:

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3855 Next