It is currently 18 Jan 2017, 06:57

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Heading Format
Episode Name - Episode Number - (Scene if applicable)
Manimal - 01x01 - Brooke and JC, Last Scene

Any episode can be discussed at anytime - if there is not a topic for it already start one.

General character discussion to be posted in the 'General forum'

Episode Rating
Excellent 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
Very Good 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Good 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fair 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Poor 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 4
 Post subject: 01x01 - Manimal
Unread postPosted: 23 May 2006, 10:42 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Discuss the episode here, video clips avaliable in the video section under episode focus for a limited time

Episode Synopsis: When a group of thieves devise a plan to hijack a shipment of nerve gas, Detective Brooke Mackenzie must stop them. She teams up with Dr. Jonathan Chase, a man that knows the secrets that divide man and animal and who is trained in an African technique that allows him to change into different animal forms.

Last edited by shelliwood on 07 Sep 2006, 17:34, edited 6 times in total.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2006, 18:30 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I tend not to watch things in order, the first scene I saw was near the end where JC lets the big cats out of the zoo, I was intrigued by the last 20 mins (transformation kinda reminded me of the She Wolf Of London series), so just had to watch the rest.

First character impression is just his overall charm, he can be slightly sleazy at time but seems to have 150% of charm which makes up for it.

I liked the charater interaction between him and Brooke, it really worked from the start and had the series carried on would have been a very solid relationship.

Last edited by shelliwood on 05 Aug 2013, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2006, 10:55 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I agree with you about the charm - he could've come across as some kind of sleazy playboy type, but there's a nice mixture of charm and just a little bit of self-deprecating humour, which I like.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 30 Jul 2006, 13:30 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

He does seem to play the "sleazy playboy type" quite often but again covers it with the charm. Very much a "Ladies Man" I lost count of how many women he kissed in Manimal and there was only 8 episodes.

JC seems to like the 80's women who take control of the situation and make the first move(never saw him say no,) the only person he made the first move with was Brooke in this episode and then she pulled away.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2007, 16:13 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

You make a very good point Shelli. Do you know that here in the US men never EVER make the first move?? And Manimal was a USA show...so there you go! (But to a foreigner, JC could seem a bit whimpy in that sense... which he wasn't! Far from that as you know!) :D

Ok, ok! I'm exaggerating, but I swear American men are total whimps and I don't care if the word gets out! LOL! Men are terrified to be turned down so they rarely if ever make the first move! And American women can be total sex-hungry sl*ts, so there you go! We have women controlling the men, men who don't have the balls to choose their mate... Is it any wonder the rate of divorce here is so high? You have a guy who won't ask out the girl he's attracted to, but who will not say no to a girl he doesn't care about (hey, it's just sex to them, "free" sex at that!) Next thing you know the guy is trapped in a relationship he never wanted, is resentful, doesn't have the oomph to speak up and there you go, he's married to someone he just didn't mean to be with! And when he gets a divorce, he'll repeat the pattern because he hasn't learned to go after what he wants, unlike European men! :?

If you pay close attention to US series (not movies, but the TV series) you will see that the male character rarely will kiss the girl, the girl ALWAYS makes the first move, kisses the guy first I mean. It's so unsexy, just drives me nuts! I think also this country is so F***ed up with stupid laws. So guys are afraid to get sued for sexual harassment. So dumb, but it's true.

Sorry to sound crude, but all this is just insane, and needs to be known! :(

Report this post

Post subject: Re: 01x01 - Manimal
Unread postPosted: 07 Jul 2007, 06:35 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Sorry girls, I can't vote to this. I've never ever seen an episode of Manimal and probably will never be able to.
:cry: :cry:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: 01x01 - Manimal
Unread postPosted: 07 Feb 2008, 08:34 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Manimal pilot outtake:

There is a website (not sure if I can post the link, so I won't) where I read that in the original pilot, there is a shot in the intro where Glynn Turman's Ty hypnotises JC. However that scene is nowhere seen in the pilot. Evidently, as the site says, we're talking outtake here! Oh, if only this DVD would be released before the youngest poster here turns 92! Imagine the bonuses. I wonder if they have behind the scenes as well, such as Simon getting his prosthesis or make up done...

Well maybe in 2567 they will have the DVD by then, or whatever they'll have then like holographic synapses. (Don't ask me what that is, I think a time traveler momentarily whispered stuff inside my brain) :lol: :o

ETA with spoiler : I saw the "hypnosis" bit on the pilot intro, it was still there after all but not in the episode itself. Scene takes place in the disco. I'd say it's possible it was Ty telling JC about charming the snake, and was possibly removed because it would have been a spoiler, as in Ty charms the snake but the snake is not JC. At any rate it doesn't look like Ty was doing hypnosis on JC, just a goofy remark. JMO.

Report this post