It is currently 25 Feb 2017, 10:19

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Unread postPosted: 28 Apr 2009, 07:22 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
When power & money combine Mandy, very rarely will morals enter the same building added to the fact it was 1980's California - it was a sign of those particular times.

I think Greg does have a conscience though Angela is a very forceful woman and his boss, on occasions he'll have to say "how high" when she wants him to jump. I like Simon playing bad and being easily led.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Apr 2009, 16:45 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
I guess I am just being way too idealistic then if I thought that any lawyer would play things by the book all the time.

I assume that Greg must like the power he has right now on some level as he continues to do the job. Because he does keep making comments about how what he is doing is wrong but doesn't actually stop what he is doing or quit. He is easily led by Angela, who is definately a very bad influence.

I think the matching suit and waistcoat combo is very fetching :nod:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Apr 2009, 17:47 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Mandy wrote:
I guess I am just being way too idealistic then if I thought that any lawyer would play things by the book all the time.

No never trust lawyers and actors - they both 'lie' for a living (I have a feeling I'm going to get slaughtered for that comment)

At first Greg seemed a bit more reluctant and challenged Angela more now he goes along without much thought and comes up with even better ways of getting round the system

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Apr 2009, 17:50 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke or Simon Doyle or ...
CLARE wrote:
When power & money combine Mandy, very rarely will morals enter the same building added to the fact it was 1980's California - it was a sign of those particular times.

I doubt 'Falcon Crest' or any of the Big Money soaps of the time ('Dallas', 'Dynasty', etc) actually reflected reality anywhere. IMHO, the producers were giving the public what they thought they wanted; glamor, wealth, power, beautiful people, and convoluted personal problems. For the most part, they were right. The public loved seeing people who "had it all" living such shallow lives. They felt better about themselves as a result. As time went on, the soaps' disconnect with reality became so obvious and plots became so far fetched that their charm wore off.

Never got into them, so I certainly could be wrong!

Last edited by Celeste on 28 Apr 2009, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Apr 2009, 20:38 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I think in a fight between Greg and Lance - Lance would win

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 May 2009, 19:37 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Greg is taking great strides in attaching himself to as many Falcon Crest ladies as possible, you're so right Shelli. I think he quite enjoys being the American 'Stud'.

His various outfits are all fantastic, even the scruffy ones. I loved the white polar neck and brown leather jacket when he was winding up Melissa. And that rather cute smile :wub:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2009, 14:08 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

I agree, the polo neck and jacket combo whilst horse riding is a very nice look indeed :wub:

I am amazed that most people in Falcon Crest have time to do an actual job because it still looks like they are all far too concerned with doing whatever it takes to get what they want and that usually involves some sort of liason with another person.

I mean you have got Terri trying to get it on with Greg to spy on him, Greg I guess is going to do whatever it takes to break up Melissa and Cole so he can be with Melissa and through all of this, Greg is with Pamela for amusement purposes. (The nicest way I could put that, hehe).

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 05 May 2009, 20:30 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Anyone notice Greg wearing a ring on his wedding finger in at least one scene today?

Greg is such a slut - 3 women - in 3 episodes!! Did love the 'I'll understudy for the groom' comment.

Angela is evil they should know what's she's like by now! Why even listen to her - she's just stirring it

Last edited by shelliwood on 05 May 2009, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 May 2009, 07:33 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I thought Angela's comment yesterday of "Power, wealth, greed - how it all corrupts" was a little ironic especially coming from her. She's got more faces than the town clock.

Greg is very generous in sharing himself with various woman, he's a mischievous git stirring things with Melissa & Cole, no wonder Cole hooked him one. But I do love him playing that kinda lovable rogue role plus he always looks good whether impeccably dressed or casual. Need I say anything further about that cute smile?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 May 2009, 20:03 
Top Poster
Top Poster

The skulduggery within Falcon Crest is unbelievable, the Channing and Gioberti families are manipulative to say the least. I liked the Greg/Melissa/Cole scene - Greg's tight(ish) jeans and the fighting scene was good.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2009, 01:58 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Surely you have to give that fight to Greg on points, because Cole needed a plaster on his face, hehe.

I was a bit surprised that after waiting so long he did just do a massive uturn at the end and tell Cole to go and see Melissa. Maybe I guess he realised that he was never going to have Melissa, I don't know.

But at least Greg has other women to fall back on.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2009, 18:49 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I believe last night was Greg trying to go after 3 women in one episode!

Wonder what Angela will say when she realises Greg got Cole and Melissa together, she may 'fire' him again.

Yeah I think Greg won that fight too - he didn't look so dazed after

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 13 May 2009, 21:44 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Greg has some very nice 'work' clothes - all suited and booted. But some of his casual shirts and jumpers are a bit . . . :? possibly even :lol:

Greg brings whole new meaning to the term 'roll in the hay' :wink:

Last edited by shelliwood on 13 May 2009, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 13 May 2009, 23:48 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

I do agree about the clothes. I do love the suit complete with waistcoat look and obviously the tight jeans he wears too but some of the jumpers are a little bit wrong.

My favourite thing though which made me laugh so much was the massive cowboy hat he wore in today's episode :lol:

Last edited by Mandy on 13 May 2009, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 May 2009, 21:55 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Mandy wrote:
My favourite thing though which made me laugh so much was the massive cowboy hat he wore in today's episode :lol:

Was I the only one the got the urge to shout Yee Haa?

Today's jumper was ok - only one colour this time :D

Report this post