All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Post subject: Re: Harry and Selena
Unread postPosted: 30 May 2007, 22:30 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
As far as I know, Duffy isn't due to return to Holby so I can't forsee a relationship there. While in Cambodia, didn't Charlie suggest he would have to sort something out with Maggie which hasn't happened yet.

I would agree that the sw@Casualty HQ are spinning out the Harry and Selena relationship which is why I believe there'll be a definate conclusion to this "will they/won't they? storyline between the end of series 21 and the beginning of series 22.

Both characters deserve to be cut a little more slack in the romance stakes and there is the obvious attraction between them. Their night together and Selena's devastation that her baby wasn't Harry's highlights the connection.

I do appreciate and understand where you're coming from right enough.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2007, 06:31 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Is anyone else watching the Series 19 episodes on UK GOLD this week where there's lots of Harry and Selena? The devastation of Harry's face when he realises Selena has been stabbed and ultimate rejection just as he's about to reveal his true feels is heartbreaking.

This relationship and regular flirtations deserve a successful and happy conclusion, hopefully between the end of series 21 and beginning of series 22 we'll eventually get it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2007, 11:41 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
I personally think that it would have been better all round if Selena had died after being stabbed. I don't think there was really ever any chance of there being a real relationship between her and Harry.
I think Harry will always feel guilty that he was with her when his wife died and as a result will never really be able to forgive himself for it. He will always look at her and think if I hadn't been with you, I would have been driving with Tally and Beth would still be alive.
He may care for Selena, but I don't think he loves her or really will. It's easy to develop false feelings in a life threatening situation, but it doesn't mean he loves her.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2007, 16:44 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
I really can't see them being together and that not just because I'm not a H+S fan. The script writers have spent the best part of over 3 years teasing us with their relationship, I don't know about you but, it there not enough to keep me interested I get bored. The fact that they keep repeating the same mistakes over again is ridiculous, if they both can't seem to row in the right direction for long enough to get it together then they shouldn't be together.

Maybe they're both sabotaging the relationship on a subconscious level, they both have a way of picking they're moments at the most inappropriate times! Selena's reason for doing just as he was leaving could have been that even though see was hurt by Nathan she really does love him and went with Harry because she knows he wouldn't hurt her, he's a 'safe' option.

Harry's reasons for destroying it could be that she will always remind him of Beth no matter how far their relationship has come it will always go back to that night. Maybe he feels because he was with her when Beth died that he should be with her even if some part of him feels it's wrong. I still don't believe that he would have left Beth for her - it would have been a one(few) night(s) stand and that would have it, he would have gone back to Beth like it has been suggested he's done before, Beth would of had her suspicions for a reason, and we know Harry's a flirt who loves women in general.

I think it's the fact that they've never actually got together that keeps that 'what if' in the back of their mind, it's the unknown keeps bringing them back together, I think if they did get together they'd realise it wouldn't work as they are two different people with different priorities, they both are at different points in their lives that would make it difficult.

Also Selena tends to try and get with people to further her career - Consultant - Corporate Manager - MP was the next option up the ladder! (Sorry Selena fans)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2007, 18:38 
Top Poster
Top Poster

From the moment Selena turned up at Holby E.D, there's been a spark between Harry and Selena. I realise they've both had other relationships but the fact that they enjoyed their night of passion before Harry departed for Westminster highlights a mutual sexual connection which has, incidentally, existed for 4 series' now. Only the vindictiveness of Nasty Nathan halted further communications between Holby and London.

I'll reiterate the fact that I loved Harry's fling with Ellen but they both eventually realised/admitted that they, as a couple, had run it's course. Selena's facial glow the morning after the night before when she was speaking with Maggie surely proves the point.

There will always be the Harry and Selena/Ellen/Lara (take your pick!) camps but I'm cool with Harry and Selena.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2007, 19:53 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
If Selena really cared and loved Harry, why then didn't she stand by him when Nathan talked Alice into making the complaint of sexual harassment? As far as we could tell the only one who did was Maggie. Selena proved that her loyalties would never lie with Harry.

This just highlights another fault in what would be a disastrous relationship.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 13:20 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
Did Selena ever apologise to Harry over the sexual harrassment thing I don't remember whether she did or not, I'm just curious to know.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 15:19 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
Selena did apologise in the scene where they kissed, and he said 'you never have to apologise about that' he forgave her. Selena was under the thumb in my opinion, she said in one of the episodes 'this is so unlike Harry'. I think she had her doubts but she didn't suspect Alice of lying about something that big.

Maggie only doubted it when she didn't know it was Alice. No-one really said anything once they found out Alice had made the complaint

edit- and Selena didn't get with Nathan because of his job, or to make her way higher up the career ladder. That is just what her so called friends accused her of. She got with him after he was cleared of HIV because she got closer to him. She didn't ask him for the new job , she even said she wasn't qualified for it. Al, she did was ask him to give Harry his job back.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 18:21 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Selena was so submerged in her relationship with Nathan and maybe allowed herself to be manipulated mentally by him that, not fully being aware of the situation, she didn't want to get involved. I don't believe for one minute that she thought Harry would lower himself to the kind of level, after all, Selena knew Harry wouldn't bully his staff in any shape or form.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 21:39 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I hope everyone's got their Kleenex ready for Saturday night, if not, get to Asda/Tesco or wherever and buy some.

It's going to be a difficult episode to get through.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Aug 2007, 10:16 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

CLARE wrote:
I hope everyone's got their Kleenex ready for Saturday night, if not, get to Asda/Tesco or wherever and buy some.

It's going to be a difficult episode to get through.

I got a whole coverlet ready to use as handkerchief.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 05 Aug 2007, 21:06 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Well, it's Harry and Selena no more. The End. Harry's whispering words to Selena in resus were fantastic but to no avail.

Beth, Anna, Ellen and now Selena are all now in that unique band of Harry's dead ex's.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 21:49 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Selena still has a special place in Harry's heart, even as a politician in Westminster, there's still that connection.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 16:22 
Top Poster
Top Poster

4th August is the 1st anniversay of Selena's death - it's a pity this potential relationship was allowed to fizzle out without being 100% developed, the will they/won't they? storylines seem more pointless the fact that both characters have now departed Holby E.D.

Report this post