It is currently 23 Jan 2017, 11:32

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next
 Post subject: Re: British Weather
Unread postPosted: 07 Aug 2007, 08:47 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
It's gone hot again, I can top up my tan :) The weather man said rain, but they are always wrong!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 07 Aug 2007, 09:09 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I make out of this that the weather men in the UK are no better that the ones we have here. They can't even say what weather it will be the next day, so why are they always saying what it'll be the next week? I hardly ever watch or listen to the weather forecast. I always see in the morning how it looks like and sometimes, when I have made some plans, I check on my computer what the forecast is for that day.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 23:21 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Clare I hope you're not getting caught in these severe rain/weather warnings in Scotland, and if you are I hope you don't get floods like we did down here.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 08:50 
Top Poster
Top Poster

At the moment, there's a heavy rain storm but nothing particularly exceptional. I'll be out for a couple of hours this morning but I don't plan to be over the door again today once I get back in.

Today's weather looks like it could be a day for the house and a few dvds and trash tv.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Sep 2007, 21:14 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Can't you just tell that British summer time is coming to an end, 5 weeks tonight (October 28th) the clocks will change to take us into Autumn. Already, it's dark at 8pm and the heating is on a little more often than the beginning of the month.

I hate winter, it's just depressing.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 16:47 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

The weather over here is going from bad to worse.
In the weekend we had a wonderful weather. The sun was shining the whole day and since today it completely turned around. The rest of the week gets even worse.
Luckily the weekend was good because I have spent 3 days at the seaside with 2 of my best friends. No husbands and children were allowed to join us.
We had a wonderful time.

Our clock changes upcoming weekend. We are always one month earlier than you are.
I also like summer more than winter, although I also like to take a walk when it is cold but dry.
Since I have my dog, I have never stayed at home because of bad weather to take a walk. I have been walking through wind, rain, storm, snow,... anything you can come up with.
My husband sometimes says that I am crazy to do that, I don't. I just love that.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 17:17 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I've seen those crazy dog lovers who dress the poor muts up during the winter in jackets and paw shoes type things - to me, that just looks stupid. Apologies to anyone who does that but come on.....!

I don't mind the rain, wind and snow etc as long as I don't need to go out in it. Otherwise, I hate winter. I ofter dream of a holiday home in Majorca where I can go between November & March every year.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 17:24 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I love autumn tho - just look at the colours outside. Conkers are annoying me at the mo, keep stumbling on them

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 17:39 
Top Poster
Top Poster

For me, I love snow on Christmas day only. Apart from that, hate it. I like Autumn when the leaves are falling off the trees.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 19:49 

I got caught in the terrential rain in Colchester this morning, I'm still drying off :D I think the rain started as I left the station, and stopped as I got to 6th form. hehe. It was fun though :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 21:31 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I can handle getting wet if I've got a short journey HOME from wherever I've been but hate spending hours soaked. I swear as well that bus & lorry drivers deliberately go through puddles when someone is standing at the bus stop.

It's in the British nature to complain about the weather, we moan when it's too cold, wet, hot bla bla bla. We're never happy.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Sep 2007, 21:57 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
I swear as well that bus & lorry drivers deliberately go through puddles when someone is standing at the bus stop

They do, Merc and Beemer drivers do the same. I walk to work and when it rains a rather large puddle collects on the main road which I have to walk past, it gets so big that you're up against the fence and drivers still manager to splash me!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 07:41 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

CLARE wrote:
I've seen those crazy dog lovers who dress the poor muts up during the winter in jackets and paw shoes type things - to me, that just looks stupid. Apologies to anyone who does that but come on.....!

I don't mind the rain, wind and snow etc as long as I don't need to go out in it. Otherwise, I hate winter. I ofter dream of a holiday home in Majorca where I can go between November & March every year.

Be careful with what you say my dear, I am one of those. 8) :lol:
if you want to take good care for your dog, you have to take him out for a walk every day. If I have to wait until the weather is right for it, I can hardly go out with this Belgian weather which is similar to yours.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 15:43 

Breugel wrote:
CLARE wrote:

Be careful with what you say my dear, I am one of those. 8) :lol:
if you want to take good care for your dog, you have to take him out for a walk every day. If I have to wait until the weather is right for it, I can hardly go out with this Belgian weather which is similar to yours.

My dog keeps looking at me because he wants to go out, but it is pouring down!
All the trains to/from london got canceled (minus a few) so I just spent 2 hours stuck in the rain. I LOVE British weather!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Dec 2007, 19:31 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Who want's snow for xmas?

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next