It is currently 24 Feb 2017, 13:56

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 12:07 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
Sall wrote:
Well I'm just dumb then because without facing the audience it really does restrict the audience in enjoying the production and if thats the format for plays no matter who is in it I won't be going again as it is purely a waste of money.

I personally don't have any problems with the play, I found it greatly enjoyable both times.

It would be interesting though to hear from another person with hearing difficulties who has seen it to hear their views on the matter.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 12:11 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Sall wrote:
Well I'm just dumb then because without facing the audience it really does restrict the audience in enjoying the production and if thats the format for plays no matter who is in it I won't be going again as it is purely a waste of money.

I think it depends on what you want on seeing a preformance, audience participation for me is not high on my list, I go to see a good story, with people doing a good job, hence the reason I was surprised by Gaffney's performance in the Unexpected Guest, I'd only ever seen bit's of Eastenders (not a soap fan) so didn't have a good opinion of him, but his performance was really good, he really stood out for me, wasn't at all was I was expecting from him, it was much better

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 12:12 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Iain Robertson as Craig Stevens
It's not just about not being able to hear it though is it?

Would you want to watch a radio production?

It's about seeing and understanding the thoughts of the character through facial expressions as well as hearing the words, I could say I'm upset but have a smile on my face which would totally contradict what I said, without seeing my face though no one would know. A lot of acting isn't about physically moving the body especially in restricted areas such as stages but through facial expressions which again you couldn't always see.

Incidentally the play was good, enjoyable even, but the way they had their backs to the audience created a bland moment, it would like watching a film without the picture. You'd have words but nothing to put the words too which in some cases can make them meaningless.

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 12:15 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

shelliwood wrote:
Sall wrote:

I think it depends on what you want on seeing a preformance, audience participation for me is not high on my list, I go to see a good story, with people doing a good job, hence the reason I was surprised by Gaffney's performance in the Unexpected Guest, I'd only ever seen bit's of Eastenders (not a soap fan) so didn't have a good opinion of him, but his performance was really good, he really stood out for me, wasn't at all was I was expecting from him, it was much better

Dean was the one I felt gave good facial expressions and appeared as though he was the character and conveyed the emotions of his voice both vocally and facially.

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 13:34 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
I love the theatre!

Dont go as much as I would like mainly becuase none of my friends are into it. But we went to London with school last year for a few days and went to the globe theatre twice to watch Shakespere, I cannot stand Shakespere most the time but these plays were amazing I loved every second of them! No one else did though they just complained! :roll:

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 13:53 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

I never understood shakespear and haven't tried since, is this something I am missing out on?

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 14:46 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Nope, you're not missing out on much with Shakespeare, then again I only don't like it because I can never understand the plots, and they talk in old English which confuses me further :? But I love theatre, been quite a lot and I wish I could act :x

I thought I was the only person who didn't like going to tescos on my own!

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 17:19 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

I don't understand shakespear it is all a complete mystery to me no wonder my english teacher put on my report No hope of entering Literature at GCSE level :roll:

I love the theater but I like animation? I think thats the right word, Selena in cas is a good example, her facial expressions when she cries is brilliant. Without good facial animation it's dull, bland and unrealistic.

And I hate going anywhere whether its Tesco or just to the petrol station on my own and won't do it. I'm terrified of going back to Uni and I hate anywhere that is busy. My friend had to sit me in the car with a bottle of water and leave argos' medical person with me the other day cos I had a panic attack at how busy it was in there. Mind you it has been the first panic attack in a while, I used to have up 20 a day when I was at college.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 17:21 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

I'd rather go to tesco on my own than with my sister, she gets trolly rage.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 17:24 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Lmao just before Christmas I threw a massive tantrum in tesco cos I got hit four times with a trolley then ended up having to take painkillers off the shelf along with a drink and taking them before getting to the checkout :roll: not allowed to go alone these days not allowed to lift anything heavier than a kettle with a one cup limit of water in it and not allowed to use shopping trolleys they make you twist at your back which damages muscles apparently :roll:

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 17:27 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

You can go in the motorised ones they have and run everyone over.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 14 Apr 2007, 17:29 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Oh cool sounds like an excellent idea, my grandfather wouldn't agree I narrowly missed a goose on the tractor today, stupid thing ran across in front me! {Doesn't admit to chasing the goose with the tractor}

Report this post

Post subject: Theatre
Unread postPosted: 18 Apr 2007, 19:12 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I quite enjoy going to the theatre even if a particular show doesn't have anyone famous in it, the entertainment value can be fantastic.

I've been to quite a few shows over the past couple of years and have some coming up in 2007 so I'd say "go for it" to anyone who is thinking about the theatres. :)

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 20 Apr 2007, 20:10 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

I agree theater is brilliant

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 21 Apr 2007, 09:50 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Any actors or actresses about?

I'm taking A-Level Drama but can't say I've really been in a play in theatre, has anyone here?

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next