It is currently 24 Jan 2017, 12:17

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Heading Format

Site name and date (if needed) where interview came from with a link to the interview. Don't copy and past the interview

Or

Magazine name and date with a typed/scanned copy of the interview. If you typed/scanned it yourself please state if it can be added to the gallery/articles

Unread postPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 11:47 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Thanks to Kirsty for the above banner

This is the final lot, there will be one last question next week and it will be posted in the Scar topic

Again audio of this is available in the Member's Birthday Stuff Section

Well that's everything I've got, hope you've all enjoyed reading/listening as much as I did doing it. Again a very big thank you to all who visit.

And of course, and even bigger thank you to Simon for sitting with me, talking to me and answering all my questions, and allowing me to record a video message, I really appreciate it all and enjoyed it very much, thank you again (and I would love to do it again at some point :) )

Question 016 - Which character have you played that is closet to yourself?

Probably Peter Sinclair in Counterstrike. (Thinks) Counterstrike, probably Peter Sinclair was probably overall closet to me, I think.

Question 019 - I've heard you've had a few unusual accidents over the years, are you accident prone?

I think they used to think I was accident prone but I think it's perfectly explainable. I do take on an awful lot, I'm incredibly busy, I have an enormous amount of energy, I do slightly got at things with a great deal of enthusiasm much after the manner of a bull in a china shop, and I think under some circumstances one is therefore prone. Indeed when I took the part in Casualty my wife said that on several occasions in the first stages when she said to people on the telephone ‘Is Simon there? No, he's in Casualty' the reply was things like ‘Oh no not again!' So I think there is some evidence that there is truth in that. We had a few friends who said to us over the years ‘Oh my God, your lives, there's always seems to be something going wrong' you kinda go actually if you try to do about 50 things during the day chances are that at least one of them is going to go wonky. If you try to do 5 you might get away without anything going wonky. So actually be talking on too much you do actually expose yourself to things not going right and to cock-ups which include the accidents and the falling over and the putting a pitchfork though your foot but that clearly was bull in a china shop. That was me going out there on the farm, in a hurry, trying to do a job using it as exercise therefore pitching into it in a big way to the point where I put the pitchfork through my foot, and then drove myself to hospital and back because everybody else was to busy to pay any attention (me: awwww)

Question 030 - What current music do you like?

What current music do I like? I'm not very good with current music only because I never bloody well remember who anyone is. But there are some very interesting voices out there, I love Katie Melua and that sort of thing, there are a number of ladies in that range who I think are very talented and very listenable to, she's the first on that would come to mind.

Question 032 - Last film you saw?

(The audio's not too good on this one, sorry)
Actually the last film I saw was Little Miss Sunshine, which I saw last night on my laptop, but don't ask me about it, I thought it was rubbish. I saw The Queen, I've seen an awful lot of the current films, because I'm a member of both Academies' so I vote for the awards. To be honest over the course, with Casualty and the play I haven't seen anything like what I normally would see, so I've cherry picked a little bit. Last year I enjoyed an awful lot of the films particularly the ones that got up into the Academy nominations. I thought that Capote was a terrific, and I love the George Clooney picture

Question 034 - Football or Rugby - Favourite teams?

I'm a rugby player or was, so rugby is my favourite game and I'm a Scottish supporter, I still do support Scotland and I used to actually play a lower level but I used to play for London Scottish for a while in league Rugby way back before I ended up not being able to do training sufficiently so I kept being dropped, I was never there for training because of acting, I went back and played for my old school instead because the didn't mind quite as much if I didn't train to a certain degree, or I was inconsistent let's put it that way.
Football, I've always enjoyed football, there's a lot about it now I don't like in the modern idiom, too much cheating and too much money, too much ill discipline, too much arrogance. Manchester United have always been my team because I was around at the time or soon after the Busby Babes, the Munich air crash and because of course there's a romantic element in me about being an actor and all that stuff. I don't have a home team to support I supported Manchester United just because of the fact that they had lost half their team, therefore supported them all the time when they were nothing as a team and after that period they went down and down, and then they went up and up but of course there is always the danger that people think you're just a fair-weather supporter, supporting one of the big teams. But I do get upset when they don't win, I do follow everything they do. (shelli: I'm from Reading and they played Man U the evening before, I hadn't watched it as I was watching Simon in the Unexpected Guest, so didn't know the score, so I asked him what the score was, Reading lost :x , note to self never ask a rival fan the score)

Question 035 - What's a typical week/day for you?

There's no typical, busy, I don't have much time to breathe half the time

Question 038 - Evilest character you've ever played.

(This one ends kind of suddenly because the recorder decide to stop)
The evilest character I played actually was the character I played in Poltergeist: The Legacy, Reed Horton I think his name was so he would be the evilest, he was living in hell so that was probably why.
(I then brought up Alec Chandler - Le Femme Nikita, and that the character disturbed me, (first person to say I'm disturbed enough already is to be shot!))
Well actually you're right it's a very good one I've forgotten about him, yes because I did actually play him as a very sweet man who just decided that selling children was fine and I think that was pretty evil actually. I think that's probably fair dues because I actually decided he was somebody who had justified what he was doing and sometimes justification of evil is actually really dreadful, he justified what he was doing because he was taking young kids off the street where they were going to have no kind of life, selling them for his gain and his argument was they'll have a better life by being sold into slavery

The recorded decide to cut out even though it was lying to me and saying it still was recording so for these two I only have written response from Simon, in his own words

Question 039 - Have you ever been heckled on stage? What was your response?

Not been heckled - yet! Have had audiences answer questions posed e.g.: Unexpected Guest - "Hello?" "Anybody there?" Response from audience - "Yes, love!" "We're here!"

Question 040 - Biggest regret?

Regrets none! Will have one I know about if I never play on Broadway having turned down opportunity in early 1995. Hopefully I'll still get the chance.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 21:45 
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
Thanks Shelli for another lovely part of the interview. Shame it was the last one. I really enjoyed al the parts. It's great that Simon did all that and great for you to have met him.
I know I loved Harry Harper now I know I love Simon aswell
:oops:

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 22:30 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Nice one Shelli, I'm delighted his alliegance to Scotland is still strong. I'm sure his father would be delighted with that particular statement.

It is fantastic to hear his personal & honest answers to questions.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 22:44 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
Nice to see Simon made a sensible choice when it comes to football. :lol:

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 22:51 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
nikkibear wrote:
Nice to see Simon made a sensible choice when it comes to football. :lol:

Nikki

I take it you and Simon will be glad Chelsea didn't win today, I'm a total neutral when it comes to the Premiership title. If I was pushed though, I would prefer Man Utd to win the league than Chelsea.

Last edited by CLARE on 23 Apr 2007, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 11:39 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
Once again another great interview. I wonder what he was doing in in 1995 to of turned down broadway? I will probably find the answer if I looked at his filmography :fool:

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 18:57 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Great interview, thanks for loading them all up Shelli, shame Simon has no taste in football teams, he obviously is always too busy with acting to decide on a decent team :D

Report this post