It is currently 26 Feb 2017, 18:12

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Unread postPosted: 05 May 2007, 22:22 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
How much are you missing Harry/Simon in Casualty? While I still enjoy watching the show, I'm not quite as focused on ensuring I see it on the Saturday night as I would be when he's in it.

Roll on whatever Saturday night in July when we can herald his return of our tv screens

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 05 May 2007, 22:46 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
I can watch it without him it's refreshing sometimes, means I can focus watching other things, like Guppy and Abs :wink:

Yeah I'm missing him but Casualty isn't everything to me, there's a whole host of other things with Simon in to watch and I'm glad he did something new, he really seemed to be enjoying himself with The Unexpected Guest. And when he decides to leave Casualty will happily watch him in anything else

I have to say I did quite enjoy last weeks with Josh's return it was Casualty how I remember it from my younger days, Josh is Casualty for me started watchin his first year, fond but sometimes scary memories :)

(Actually I'm a bit bored with H.tv cos at least once a page someone say 'I miss Harry and need him back' so I havn't been there in a while and it just really put me off posting there because of it. Man what will people do when he does leave?)

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 05 May 2007, 22:59 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I must admit that Casualty was the first programme that I noticed Simon in but I have bought Death on the Nile on DVD. I watched Falcon Crest in the 1980's when it was on tv but don't remember him in it unfortunately.

I booked tickets for The Unexpected Guest in Glasgow (June 9th) although Jack Ellis has replaced Simon as the lead character.

Simon will do fantastically well in whatever he chooses to do in the future and I will follow his career, whatever path it takes. He's a fabulous actor and incredibly handsome for his age.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 05 May 2007, 23:47 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
I'm still loving Casualty even though Harry's absence is felt, it is still one of my must see programmes. I've seen many of my favourite characters come and go over the years but will still be watching long after Harry leaves the show, even though he will be missed.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 09:36 
Top Poster
Top Poster

As with other major tv programmes when a central character leaves, the show will go on but I will miss Harry/Simon when he is no longer Casualty's permenant consultant.

Simon probably has many more career opportunities to fulfill and maybe wants Harry Harper to exit on a high

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 12:12 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Just as Clare, I started to know Simon as Harry Harper in Casualty. Before that, I must have seen him in other shows or movies, but I certainly can't remember.
I will for sure going to miss him, although I also keep on watching Casualty.
I am just a bit scared, when he leaves Casualty for good, that I will not be able to see him on TV as much anymore.
Simon is not known here in Belgium. When I tell someone that I am a fan of him, everybody asks me who the hell he is. When I show them a picture of him, even then they don't always recognize him.

He is absolutely a very hansom man.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 15:28 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
I think I've watched it once since he left, and I got bored! I don't like the character who's replaced him

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 15:49 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Stitch is certainly everything Harry is not. Harry always keeps his team in mind. Which a consultant also has to do, I guess.
It will always be hard to replace Harry. Probably because we like the actor too much :oops: :lol:

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 16:14 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Yeah I dont like Stitch but in a way i'm glad Harry's not in at the moment I now have a life on a Saturday night! I watch Casualty when im in but if i'm going out I dont record it now!

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 16:15 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Stitch is just the complete opposite to Harry and a total pain in the a***e.

For a 9 month period, I think the character of Harry will be an enjoyable time for Simon to play (April-December '07) and for us to watch (July '07-March '08 ). If he does choose pastures new, we should enjoy his remaining time@Holby E.D and wish him continued success.

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 17:18 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Absolutely.
As Harry returns, I make sure I record all the episodes. I delete all of it just to keep the scenes with Harry.
If Simon choose to stop with Casualty, how will the script writers let him go? Will they let him die? I hope not. In case, Simon decides to come back in the future.

:beg: don't let Harry die!!

Report this post

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: 06 May 2007, 17:53 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Breugel wrote:
Absolutely.
As Harry returns, I make sure I record all the episodes. I delete all of it just to keep the scenes with Harry.
If Simon choose to stop with Casualty, how will the script writers let him go? Will they let him die? I hope not. In case, Simon decides to come back in the future.

:beg: don't let Harry die!!

I'm pretty sure that Simon commented that he would prefer Harry to make a dramatic exit, so hopefully it'll be a nice 'n' juicy storyline for him. How that exit will occur God only knows but hopefully it's a glorious one. For Harry to die would be an "oh no" moment surely.

After all the knocks he's had since joining Holby E.D in July 2002, Harry's departure deserves to be a respectful one.

Pay attention script writers

Report this post

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]