It is currently 27 Feb 2017, 10:34

All times are UTC+01:00

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 13:10 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
I've got good memories of caravan holidays too in my younger years but back then the caravans didn't have bathrooms and the only thing I didn't like about it was walking ages to the bathroom block with flip flops through the wet grass. Also the caravans didn't have running water so we had to collect it in containers a few times a day, ancient! Apart from that they were great.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 17:09 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
One popular holiday destination which doesn't appeal to me is Egypt, I know Sharm el Sheikh is an ever growing resort but it's not for me.

I would love to visit Canada, there's so many iconic tourist adventures to achieve and places to see.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 20:26 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
We once got stuck in a flash flood in a caravan in Scarborough!

We booked to go to Egypt a couple of years ago, but backed out at the last minute, mum didn't want us to go! And it's a good job she did as the hotel we were stopping in got bombed the week we were meant to be there! I'm a strong believer in fate, not the only time i've escaped death (so to speak)

edited to say: I'm actually quite a lucky person! :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 06:54 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Becky wrote:
edited to say: I'm actually quite a lucky person! :)

when I read this you must be a lucky person. Jee, than I would prefer a flood and being stuck in a caravan.

My worst vacation was when I was 4 years old. I still remember that year because it was the very hot summer of 1976. We were on a vacation with a tent (a big one) and my grandparents were there as well. I remember my grandmother going into her tent to get something and the next minute the tent caught fire because of the heat of the sun.
Luckily my grandmother only got minor burns on her neck but I still remember that day. And I was only 4 years old

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 10:40 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Thats awful!
It must of been hot for the tent to catch fire! Mental! Must of been quite scary!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 10:58 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Becky wrote:
Thats awful!
It must of been hot for the tent to catch fire! Mental! Must of been quite scary!

It was scary. I still can see my mother sitting overthere crying because it was her mother's tent which got fire.
I also cryed a lot.
The summer of 1976 was terrible! I also remember that my mother always gave me a T-shirt to put on to avoid me getting sunburned and I always took it off when she was not around.
Then 5 minutes later she came back with a T-shirt and 2 seconds later I again took it off. It was just too hot!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 17:06 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Kerri wrote:

Worst- Turkey (hated it, no idea why, just everything about it, plus it smelt funny!) Didn't like majorca as much

I am one for contradicting myself, I am going to Turkey with a mate on the 16th of July for a week!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 18:13 
Top Poster
Top Poster

My pal tried to convince me to go to Turkey a few years ago, I point blank refused. I really do hope that you have an amazing holiday when you go back. Knock 'em dead Kerri.

I think, maybe, if I went to a different resort at a different time of the year my opinion may change but I'm sceptical. Like I've stated previously, 14 years down the line I can still recall the pilot saying it was ONLY(!) 85 degrees at 2am.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 18:16 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
CLARE wrote:
My pal tried to convince me to go to Turkey a few years ago, I point blank refused. I really do hope that you have an amazing holiday when you go back. Knock 'em dead Kerri.

I think, maybe, if I went to a different resort at a different time of the year my opinion may change but I'm sceptical. Like I've stated previously, 14 years down the line I can still recall the pilot saying it was ONLY(!) 85 degrees at 2am.

Thanks, I hope its changed since I went, I think it was in '96 when I was 6! It should be ghood, I'm not going with my parents, always a bonus :P

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2007, 21:55 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Summer 2007 for me was the Blue Dolphin caravan park in Filey. We enjoyed our days in Scarborough and Bridlington although looking at the rows and rows of benches, it was like the crematorium waiting room. There'll be quite a few of those old folks who'll not see another summer! A sick statement to make but very true.

Next summer it'll be Spain should all plans fall into place. Stroll on summer 2008.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2007, 22:22 
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
My favourite holiday destination was Italy, I've been there quite a few times. I don't have a worst holoiday destination, but a worst holiday memory. When we wer ein portugal a few years ago my grandad collapsed becuase of the heat, and we spent hours in a portugese A&E department. The place itself was lovley though.

Luv Meg
Xxxx

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jul 2007, 22:31 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I've never been to Italy Meg, isn't it quite an expensive country to go to? People has suggested that to me.

I don't think I'll go another caravan holiday for a wee while yet, I prefer my hotel accomodation too much.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 22:37 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

I don't think I could stop in a caravan again, just not for me. But my mum's friend has a lodge in the lakedistrict, I absoloutly adore the Lakes, beautiful scenery, very relaxing. And anyway we go and stop in it from time to time and I think we are going again in a few weeks, Right on the lake, fantastic views in the morning! :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Apr 2010, 22:02 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Melbourne & Sydney were fantastic, really spectacular cities complimented by great weather. It was brilliant to see 1st hand the Sydney Harbour bridge, Opera House & Bondi Beach and top class restaurants/bars in both locations. The Melbourne (Motor Racing) Grand Prix was in town between March 26th & 28th - when I was in Sydney. How's that for sod's law? The Aussie driver Mark Webber was sitting beside me at a beachside cafe restaurant tho I didn't know who he was - thanks Mark was crashing into Lewis Hamilton!

Travel time was a challange, approx. 20 hours flying time plus waiting time at airports - add another 5 to 10 hours onto that.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 09:33 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Nice to have you back, Clare.
Last month I went to Tenerife with my husband. I loved it over there. The temperatues were great! Later when I retire I think I can go and live over there. Buy me a little house and just leave me be :nod: :D

Report this post