It is currently 17 Jan 2017, 18:17

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Expression
Unread postPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 17:01 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Was just wondering if anybody here, wrote lyrics or poetry or books, Or even some kind of art?

What inspires you?

Me and Kerri were attempting songwritting today lol! :lol:

Im into lyrics and sometimes poetry although it all very teenage and angsty most the time! Things that inspire me are places I go, friends, films, and turns out songs by Sugar cult! lol! :P

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Expression
Unread postPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 17:17 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I write books. I have written fiction and non-fiction.
The fiction books are thrillers.
Where do I get my inspiration from? I guess just my wild imagination and also from my dreams. When I start a book I usualy don't have a story in mind. I go and sit behind my computer and start to write an opening sentence.
After that I see where my fantasy takes me.

The non-fiction books are different. The first one I wrote was about what happened to me 11 years ago and which has related to my current health situation and why I can't work anymore. That one is translated in English as well (if you are interested).
Another one is a book about my crazy dreams and now I am writing a book about Pain in general and the Pain Clinic. This I am writing together with my doctor and his team from the pain clinic. I've done a lot of research for it and posted some polls on the internet. I had a lot of replys to it.

At the moment I am about to finish my 5th thriller. This one I am writing because my fysiotherapist asked me to. He asked me to write a thriller with him in it. So I am doing this.
The book before was also on request of some people. In January I went for 4 days to sea with a group of people who are in the same situation as I am. We took a course to learn how to relax ourselves in any kind of situation. Those 4 days were awesome.
I wrote a book about it telling the stories of everybody and how the relax course works, but I mixed it with a thriller. A serial killer was on the loose in the hotel we were staying.
Everybody loved the book.

when I was younger I also used to write lyrics for songs. Me and my brother did that. But we were only 7 or 8 years old. The songs were about Superman, my bycicle... that's all I remember.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 18:21 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
I'd love to write Novels, I have tried but they end up just dragging and I lose intrest, I love writing though, I can write down my fantasies in form of stories! It's great!
I'd be intrested in your non fiction book about what happened to you, is it a fully formed book or just on the computer or something, let me know a little more :)
I also paint, not very well mind, I took GCSE art but I think I may have failed, only becuase I want to paint what I want, my style, but school made you paint and draw in the style of an artist, and that didn't work for me. I have some paintings lying about somewhere im quite proud of. Also I don't think school understood the depth in my work either, I did a peice in the style of Barbara Kruger about how gay/lesbian people should be treated the same and the picture was two blokes holding hands, with writing over the top sayin 'If only closed minds came with closed mouths'
My teacher -
"Is that two men Becky?" "Yes..." "Oh...right...erm...."
I did a great piece on George Bush, Im not his biggest fan, It turned into my final piece, my teacher really liked the George Bush ones. :roll:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 20:26 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

The books are available via http://www.lulu.com

The first book is called: 'Me and my Pains - Taking the long way home'
Attached the books. I hope you can read the explanation. If you don't and you want it to know, just give me a call and I try to put the text on an other way on this topic.

Just notice that you first have to read the bottom attachment and go your way up. sorry for this.
Attachment:
my books_0001.jpg
my books_0001.jpg [ 484.44 KiB | Viewed 14 times ]
Attachment:
my books_0002.jpg
my books_0002.jpg [ 493.63 KiB | Viewed 12 times ]
Attachment:
my books_0003.jpg
my books_0003.jpg [ 428.52 KiB | Viewed 13 times ]

Last edited by shelliwood on 15 Jun 2007, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed image ordering

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Jun 2007, 20:42 
Top Poster
Top Poster

My expressions tend to form in verbal, text and email modes. My patience levels wouldn't lean towards the written word in terms of novels etc, I take my hat off to people who can.

Laughter is the greatest expression of them all however you manage to achieve it. Billy Connelly and the tv series Still Game make me laugh.

Imagination is also a fantastic thing. Isn't that correct Heidi?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 06:37 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

CLARE wrote:
Imagination is also a fantastic thing. Isn't that correct Heidi?

Absolutely true. Sometimes people ask me if it hurts to be so crazy. I always reply 'Yes, but I am taking medicines and I go to a pain clinic for it'.
A day without laughter is a day lost in your life.
From time to time one needs to do silly and crazy. As long as you still know when to stop, and as long as you can keep fact from fiction apart, there is no better thing than a wild imagination.
Clare, if you have a problem with stopping and don't know what is real and what is not, I suggest that you go to a doctor immediately! NOW I SAID :P :lol:

Report this post