It is currently 24 Jan 2017, 12:18

All times are UTC+01:00

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 23:15 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
What's your thoughts on the National Lottery/Euromillions, do you still have faith in them?

My confidence in them is bordering on EMPTY, I can't seem to win the minimum £10 or whatever never mind anywhere near the jackpot. I believe the identity of those who win 1 or multiple £millions shouldn't remain anonymous.

I've heard it suggested for years that it's a con, if the computer system of the White House for example can he hacked into so can the Lotto by very computer literate crooks.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 23:35 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
I don't think it's a con, money always seems to go to money. I used to often win a fiver on the thunderball, but haven't played either for a while. Honest answer, if you think it's a con, don't play it, no one forces you to buy a ticket.

If I won the jackpot I wouldn't want the world to know, I would insist on remaining anonymous, otherwise all kinds of people will crawl out the woodwork asking for hand outs.

As for being hacked, the lotto isn't computer generated, that's the premium bonds.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 23:43 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
You probably spend as much money on all the tickets in a life time, that when you actually win, you end up winning not as much money as you spent to begin with! If that makes sense! We never win!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2007, 23:51 
Top Poster
Top Poster

What about the machine that issues the ticket when you hand over your £1/£1.50, the numbers allocated must go into a computer system somewhere for the organisers to know how many winners there is for each section of winning amounts? Where this kind of system is involved, anything is possible.

Granted that no-one forces you to purchase a ticket but the dream of becoming that overnight millionaire is the attraction of millions of people, it's the only opportunity they have of getting out of a vicious circle of debt and achieving something in their life. That £1 or £2 a week is less than a packet of cigarettes or bottle of beer.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 00:26 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
Yes winning the money would get people out of debt, but would it make you happy to have it. You can be the poorest person in the world and yet have the happiest life, the same as you can have all the money in the world and yet still have nothing.

As long as I've got a roof over my head and food on the table, money isn't of interest to me, yes it would be nice to have it, but I'm not that bothered I haven't. There's no point living your life full of shoulda, woulda, coulda and ifs or buts. You have to make the best of the situation you have now. As the saying goes, Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery, but Today is a gift and that's why they call it the present.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 00:42 
Top Poster
Top Poster

It's the people who win a s**t load of Lotto money and still go back to work that annoy me. There wouldn't be a hope in hell I'd return to work, the thought of retirement 30+ years early appeals to me greatly. Prudence and being sensible with the money would be essential but just imagine not having to get up 20 minutes early in a cold snowy February morning to scrape the car! I'm sure there would be plenty or voluntary organisations delighted to accept your offer of help to those less fortunate than yourself.

I believe that with the Euromillions there should be a £25 million maximum jackpot, if there isn't a winner(s) at that juncture it should be spread amongst the subsequent number combinations. Remember the Irish lady who won the £77million and the whole family had to move from Ireland.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 21:12 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
So who's not going to win that 95million! Not me I got a ticket but with 5 million being sold every minute, odds drop a LOT hehe

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 22:28 
Top Poster
Top Poster

It wasn't me anyway, 2 lines and not a £ in return. Never mind, there's always the £7million tomorrow in the Lotto.

If you're not in it, you can't win it - at the moment, I wouldn't win a one ticket raffle!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 17:46 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
The last 4 times I've done the Euro Millions I've won between £5-7 each time :?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 19:34 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

I have never done the Euromillions, use to put the lottery on every week but dont bother now never won anything for years.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 09:43 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Iv'e tried a couple of times but never actually won anything but maby got upto 4 numbers. :lol: :P

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 11 May 2009, 20:19 
Top Poster
Top Poster

A friend of mine won £50,000 on Saturday's Lotto, I'm so pleased for her. She really deserves it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 18:42 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I won $30 (£18.15) on the Australian Lottery on March 20th, not bad for my 1st go.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 04 Apr 2010, 09:23 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Me and my husband used to participate in the lottery but not anymore. We never won something to mention. But I can understand the persons who are still buying their tickets every week. There is nothing wrong with that I guess. It is a form of gambling but a reasonable one.

Report this post