It is currently 17 Jan 2017, 16:04

All times are UTC+01:00

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 19:56 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Anyone else looking forward to these with in the next month? Really looking forward to the book but also, don't want to read it as it will be the last one. The last two I read within hours of receiving, this one I think will take me longer becuase once it's over it's over.

The film looks really good too, might go to the cinema to see it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 20:02 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I must be one of very few people who has neither saw any of the films or read any of the books.

To everyone who enjoys everything Harry Potter, enjoy the book when it comes out.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 20:28 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
I must be one of very few people who has neither saw any of the films or read any of the books.

You got to watch aleast one of the films you can't say you don't like something unless you've actually seen it. Alan Rickman is a plus to watch it, he does 'bad' guys so well. They are generally good, funny, feel good movies becuase the good guy always wins

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 20:33 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I didn't mention anything about not liking them, I just said I hadn't read/watched any Harry Potter material. There is a difference!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 20:36 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
I like the films, considering i 'don't so books' i really enjoy the films.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 20:39 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
I didn't mention anything about not liking them, I just said I hadn't read/watched any Harry Potter material. There is a difference!

I didn't mean it like that :cry: I meant that most people who haven't seen/read them say they don't like them but then they can't comment because they haven't seen them.

I was just saying that they are good and everyone should at least give one of them a watch.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 20:53 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Just a little misinterpretation/communication I believe. I know the films & books are hugely popular amongst children and adults alike, J K Rowling is one intelligent woman. She'll be worth a £ or millions, eh?

The fact that I don't have in depth knowledge of the plots of the films/books means I can justify stating an opinion. I'd be more likely to watch the dvd(s), I'm not a book reader.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 16:51 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
I read one of the books, and watched one film but it doesn't really interest me!
Whereas my cousin has already booked tickets for the film which isn't out yet! She is in love the with guy who plays Harry

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 20:41 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I was talking with a work colleague today and the subject of Harry Potter arose. My query surrounded possible (?) comparisons with the Lord of the Rings series of films, can anyone enlighten me. Not having watched/read anything to do with either of these phenomenons, I would like to know your thoughts.

Maybe there is no comparison but they both seemed to have flourished about the same time. One thing is for sure, book sales and cinema ticket sales have benefited.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 21:13 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
Maybe there is no comparison but they both seemed to have flourished about the same time. One thing is for sure, book sales and cinema ticket sales have benefited.

I've seen both sets of films but not read Lord of the Rings so can't really compare the books, however . . .

There are similarites between the two, you can tell JK Rowling has been influenced by Tolkien, as well as several other writers. Gandalf is kinda similar to Dumbledore (tho some hardcore fans of either might disagree.) The main differnece between the two is Harry Potter is aimed at children while Lord of The Rings is aimed more at adults, tho kids read LOTR and adults read HP.

A good way to see is to watch the first two films of both series and make your own comparison, I would recommend both series of films as good films to watch tho only watch the short version of Lord of the Rings unless you can handle 3 hours of it per film!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 21:04 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Really don't like Harry Potter, I was forced to read the frst one in year 5, I have since read the second and third, but just cannot go any further, I watched one film, bored me to tears, Guess it's just not my thing!
I have a mate though who cries everytime we mention Dumbledore dying! Hillarious stuff!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 21:20 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I see the new film (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) received a disappointing reaction at the test screening yesterday, I think it'll still fill cinemas up & down the country though with eager fans. I'm not a fan of H.P but I hope everyone enjoys it irrelevant to what anyone else thinks.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 19:47 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
I like Harry Potter i have seen evrey single film so far just waiting to see the next one also i have a few books of it. :)

Report this post