All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Post subject: Harry & Ellen
Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 17:54 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I quite liked the time that Harry & Ellen were together as a couple although I acknowledge that this relationship was never going to be a long term situation, it was 2 people who were attracted to each other for vastly different reasons and accepted it at face value. The fact that they remained on good terms after the relationship ended was really good to see.

What's your opinions?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Harry & Ellen
Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 18:04 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
I'm not a huge Harry/Ellen fan, tho they were kinda cute. I liked the fact that they brought out side of the charaters we'd never seen before. We saw a rather cute loved up Harry this was the first relationship other than Beth that was a two way thing (Beth and Harry had a 'settled' relationship which was completely different) but it also brought out the bad side, like the Lara jealous thing with Harry when he split up with her then with not accepting she was pregnant.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 20:58 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Ellen's reputation had probably preceded her on a couple of occasions which would've explained Harry's doubts, I recall him asking her for the pregnancy test evidence. Was it at that particular point she slapped him. do you remember?

It was a good relationship from the viewpoint that neither one of them looked beyond the immediate future, I know there was the issues with Ellen's pregnancy and Harry's marriage proposal but the cancer storyline was typical of their genuine affection for one another.

Many of us are still pinning our hopes on Harry and Selena eventually getting it on after 4 series'.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 21:33 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
[snip]I recall him asking her for the pregnancy test evidence. Was it at that particular point she slapped him. do you remember?

Yeah that was when Ellen slapped him, I'm surprised more people haven't slapped him, you would have thought Maggie would have attempted it!

CLARE wrote:
Many of us are still pinning our hopes on Harry and Selena eventually getting it on after 4 series'.

And I'm not one of them!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 21:52 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Why do you believe more people should have slapped Harry, can you give some examples to why you come to that conclusion?

If Selena isn't the one for Harry, who is for you? And please don't say Maggie because she belongs with Charlie.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 21:59 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
Why do you believe more people should have slapped Harry, can you give some examples to why you come to that conclusion?

Maggie with the situation with her father he was a little out of line or didn't handle it was well as he could and they was a few situations there when Maggie was getting so angry with him that I could just see her slapping him

CLARE wrote:
If Selena isn't the one for Harry, who is for you? And please don't say Maggie because she belongs with Charlie.

Mine would be Maggie but anyone but Selena right now would do!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 22:36 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Harry's main priority while within the E.D environment is to ensure his staff's focus and concentration is directed towards patients therefore their personal/home crisis' should remain private. I know that sounds incredibly harsh regarding Maggie's situation with her father but her domestic arrangements isn't the problem of the department. Yes, make Harry aware of her predicament but make plans accordingly. I would make a horrible boss, wouldn't I.

Harry + Maggie = a damp squid in my opinion, they make great colleagues but that's as far as they go. The fact that Harry and Selena still hold a torch for one another after all this time indicates they will become a couple even acknowledging it's been a long and rocky road.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 23:12 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

CLARE wrote:
The fact that Harry and Selena still hold a torch for one another after all this time indicates they will become a couple even acknowledging it's been a long and rocky road.

And Going down hill :) Fast! :wink:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Jul 2007, 05:56 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Harry and Selena is what everybody would think that will happen. I keep on hoping someone completely new comes into his life.
Maggie, I think she and Josh starts a relationship. It is than that she sees that Charlie loves her too and that makes it very difficult for her.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Jul 2007, 06:45 
Top Poster
Top Poster

The indecision of the sw's and their regular 'cat amongst the pigeons' plots have been the only things that have prevented Harry and Selena from progressing as a couple.

I found it quite amusing when Harry called Ellen into his office to end their relationship because he couldn't separate work and his personal life and said it wasn't working prompting Ellen to say "it was working last night and this morning." Going by their regular physical contact and attraction, I bet it was working!!

Ellen did stop Harry from submitting his resignation letter right enough.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 10 Jul 2007, 15:36 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

CLARE wrote:

Maggie belongs more with Harry then she does Charlie. Harry is more her equals in terms of everything.

However I was a huge fan of Harry and Ellen, and I do believe if she hadn't have died at Xmas they would be happily together now, he was so going to invite her to spend Xmas with him and his kids but he never got to talk to her again *sobs*. Plus she really loved him.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 19 Jul 2007, 20:30 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Did you see today's episode on UK GOLD with Harry and Ellen being flirty with each other and Selena warning Harry to be careful of her? And their 'nearly' kiss at the end was good also.

I know I'm regularly jumping between Harry & Ellen and Harry & Selena camps but I can't help it, I found both his relationships appealing in their own rights. Ellen had genuine feelings for Harry and vice versa.

Report this post