It is currently 23 Jan 2017, 11:33

All times are UTC+01:00


cron

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2007, 17:05 
Offline
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2006, 14:14
Posts: 59
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
Location: Reading
What claims to fame have you had?

Meg's Claims to fame:

* Meeting half the antiques Roadshow people
* Peter Ustinov
* Boris Becker
* Sue Barker
* Phillipuses and roderick (mens finals of Wimbledon in 2003 ok ok so I watched them on the pitch.
* Kevin Doyle (Reading Football player) pulling up next to me on my driving lesson a few months ago.
*John Prescott
*Sat right next to and chatted to Connie Fisher on Wednesday at Libertys she was really nice, pleasent and down to earth and I asked for her autograph.

Luv Meg
Xxxx


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2007, 21:32 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2007, 13:47
Posts: 1318
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Location: GLASGOW, SCOTLAND
I've met Billy Connelly years ago and got his autograph.


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2007, 21:52 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2006, 21:47
Posts: 919
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Location: Ipswich (farmer land), England, UK
Hmm. well..

I have met pretty much every band I have ever gone to see, bumped into a few band members in the street as well in London. Erm, I have met a load of football players, the whole ipswich squad (when it was decent!)...Lee Evans in London last year! Simon :roll: I can't think of any more!

_________________
Sweet.


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 12:05 
Offline
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2006, 22:13
Posts: 593
Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Oooooh well,

My Dad's uncle is the guy who originally drew the cartoons for Dennis the Mennis, he did for a long time.
One of my mates Cazz, her cousin is Gareth Gates.
I have met Ken off Corrie twice!
A few of the old North End squad, and deepdale duck!
I met Martyn Joseph after his gig in Salford!
Thats it I think!
Oh aye my dad is good mates with Andrew Flintoff's Dad and Grandad and worked with them for years!

_________________
So much for London, home of the Brash, outrageous and free!


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 14:30 
Offline
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 14:02
Posts: 2316
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Location: Reading, UK
Um only really got one - meeting Simon - good memories

Oh I apparently went to the same school as Ricky Gervais - says a lot about my schooling doesn't it!

_________________
Image
Simon's Secret Society
'Not you again!', "You Lack Motivation!?", "As you know, you have my full support"


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 19:08 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2006, 21:47
Posts: 919
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Location: Ipswich (farmer land), England, UK
On the topic of claims to fame-For some bizzarre highly unknown reason, 3 people asked me for my autograph on Saturday :S Which was very very odd

_________________
Sweet.


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 19:14 
Offline
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 14:02
Posts: 2316
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Location: Reading, UK
Kerri wrote:
On the topic of claims to fame-For some bizzarre highly unknown reason, 3 people asked me for my autograph on Saturday :S Which was very very odd

:lol: I don't need it on got it already on a plectrum on my wall! Didi you give it or just look at them weird?

_________________
Image
Simon's Secret Society
'Not you again!', "You Lack Motivation!?", "As you know, you have my full support"


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 19:19 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2006, 21:47
Posts: 919
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Location: Ipswich (farmer land), England, UK
shelliwood wrote:
Kerri wrote:
On the topic of claims to fame-For some bizzarre highly unknown reason, 3 people asked me for my autograph on Saturday :S Which was very very odd

:lol: I don't need it on got it already on a plectrum on my wall! Didi you give it or just look at them weird?



Ah see! Your plectrum shall be worth something some day!


Well the fist time I was like.. grrr.. cos I was eating lol. but I turned round and it was a little girl who must have been about 6, and asked for it, and I was really embarassed, and I was like "erm ok..." and then she came back a couple of minutes later and asked for it again for her friend!! But I couldn't remember how I signed it the first time, so they both ended up being different hehe.. very embarassing indeed :oops:

_________________
Sweet.


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 10 Jul 2007, 12:49 
Offline
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon
User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2006, 22:13
Posts: 593
Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
I remember when I was in a band, we played a summer fair, the adults weren't very enthusiastic but anyone under the age of 11 loved us! So we were swamped with children asking for our autographs for the rest of the time! I was also very embarassed! Seemed them Maths lessons of perfecting my signature paid off! Well at least for a few hours! :roll:

_________________
So much for London, home of the Brash, outrageous and free!


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 13 Jul 2007, 10:30 
Offline
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2007, 11:43
Posts: 319
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Iain Robertson as Craig Stevens
Location: South
I am friends with the lady who played the phantom in Rocky horror show in the westend and then toured the UK and most of Europe and further with it, she is also in the tj beary bear adverts and is on the end of 90% of business answerphones in London her husband is also the man who organised events such as the pop, childrens and classic concerts in the palace. Their kids are sooooo talented as musicians and actors. {Can't give out the link to the site where she is still featured because again I know them personally and am too loyal to give out information hence why there are no names}

I have worked for the women who does the voice for the pampers adverts {can't give out details on this one as I work for them}

my mates dad used to be an extra in Cas

Met: Simon unfortunately {it was worse thing I've done}

Met: Shana Swash

Got drunk in the same pub as Joss Stone and went to school with her for about a year

not really into famous people as in got to meet them etc kind of style because I feel it is rather obsessive

_________________
Amor est vitae essentia ~~~ Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 16:36 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2006, 21:47
Posts: 919
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Location: Ipswich (farmer land), England, UK
my mum rang me up all excited today, cos she loves time team, and she bumped into one of the time team aimlessly wandering around a park in ipswich

_________________
Sweet.


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 17:10 
Offline
Top Poster
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: 05 Apr 2007, 13:47
Posts: 1318
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Location: GLASGOW, SCOTLAND
Sall wrote:
I am friends with the lady who played the phantom in Rocky horror show in the westend and then toured the UK and most of Europe and further with it, she is also in the tj beary bear adverts and is on the end of 90% of business answerphones in London her husband is also the man who organised events such as the pop, childrens and classic concerts in the palace. Their kids are sooooo talented as musicians and actors. {Can't give out the link to the site where she is still featured because again I know them personally and am too loyal to give out information hence why there are no names}

I have worked for the women who does the voice for the pampers adverts {can't give out details on this one as I work for them}

my mates dad used to be an extra in Cas

Met: Simon unfortunately {it was worse thing I've done}

Met: Shana Swash

Got drunk in the same pub as Joss Stone and went to school with her for about a year

not really into famous people as in got to meet them etc kind of style because I feel it is rather obsessive


Come on Sall, if you gonna name drop you're gonna have to spill the beans. No point in going half the distance.

And why do you say 'unfortunately' when discussing meeting Simon? Kinda weird statement.


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 17:29 
Offline
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2007, 11:43
Posts: 319
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Iain Robertson as Craig Stevens
Location: South
Well I'm not bound by any legal contract to say I wouldn't give out that information but why would I give out that information? Personal information is just that, personal. Yes it seems I'm being uptight but on this occassion its about respecting the privacy of someone whose been in the public eye for many years.

I would hope that you can understand that it's about a confidence and in the same way you wouldn't go and make it headline news something a close friend told you in confidence as this is what this is, it's a confidence I know she's been on stage etc and I don't see her any different to any of my other friends and I wouldn't break that confidence.

There is also the fact that I value my job and as mentioned before I might not be contracted to privacy but I wouldn't break a confidentiality clause for some celebrity gossip anymore than I would for a gossip about a child or parent living near by and I ask you to please respect that I have given you as much information as I can just as I wouldn't expect you to give out details of your jobs etc. The information I gave you was given because I figured you might have seen/heard the adverts etc and would therefore have an idea who they are however that is the only details I feel comfortable publishing in a public place.

_________________
Amor est vitae essentia ~~~ Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 19:29 
Offline
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 15:05
Posts: 828
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Location: Nijlen - Belgium
Sall wrote:
Met: Simon unfortunately {it was worse thing I've done}


I'm a bit confused about this statement. If you are a fan of Simon, why do you say 'unfortunately' when you met him? What went wrong?

_________________
Heidi Breugelmans


Report this post
Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Claims to fame
Unread postPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 20:21 
Offline
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2007, 11:43
Posts: 319
Favourite 'Simon' Character: Iain Robertson as Craig Stevens
Location: South
Everything that oculd go wrong that night went wrong, and under different circumstances it would have been great, but the whole memory has been marred but the catalyst of things that went wrong on the night and as a result of that night.

_________________
Amor est vitae essentia ~~~ Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou


Report this post
Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: On ]