All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Post subject: Josh (Spoiler)
Unread postPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 11:43 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I've just read that Josh is to leave at the end of the year, whether that refers to filming or his final episode airing I'm not sure. There'll soon be no recognised long term characters left soon.

Do you think the high volume of character in & outs over recent times has been a positive or negative thing for Casualty?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Josh
Unread postPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 12:37 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
They generally have a 'clear out' every few years I'm gonna miss Josh and Guppy but that's about it. The others leaving I'm really fussed about.

Wether it's a good thing or bad - just watch with an open mind and see. If there 'new direction' is going back to being more of a drama and less of a soap - then it's a good thing. But if they go more towards being a soap I'll possibly stop watching - I hate soaps.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Josh (Spoiler)
Unread postPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 14:57 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

The same feeling over here, Shelli. It's not sure for me yet if I will continue to watch it.
I kept on watching it actually just because Simon is in it. If he is no longer part of it and a lot of the characters are leaving,..... they need to have good replacement actors to keep us watching.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 22:14 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Alec Chandler
It'll be a shame to see Josh go but I think they have possibly covered everything with him. Losing his family was bad enough but to find your next wife had a baby by the doctor and then to be stabbed by a mad woman is probably more than anyone could take. I think Josh deserves so kind of happiness more so than any of others.

I think they will be hard pressed to find an ambulance crewman/woman capable of filling his part, I'm sure Charlie will feel it the most, after all they have been through everything together.

My guess is that in the next series Charlie is bound to have another midlife crisis where he threatens to jack in nursing, must be about time for it as he hasn't done it for a few series. It's become a kind of ritual. :lol:

I've always been a fan of casualty although I think everyone goes through stages where it becomes a bit mundane and they switch off for a while, I know I did.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 22:21 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

nikkibear wrote:
My guess is that in the next series Charlie is bound to have another midlife crisis where he threatens to jack in nursing, must be about time for it as he hasn't done it for a few series. It's become a kind of ritual. :lol:

He can't he won't have Josh or Duffy (or Harry at a push) to talk him out of it this time!

I did miss Josh when he was gone earlier this year. None of the other had that same sort of charm in dealing with the patients. He was near enough always in charge of the situation (paramedic side) and him, Charlie and (Our) Harry made a good solid management team that had the respect from those under them. Yeah a few time the 3 have clashed - differences of opinions but they generally rowed in the same direction. If it wasn't for Josh bawling him out I don't think Harry would be an MP that was one part that pushed him to it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 22:34 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Josh, Jim and Harry made a good trio, I liked the scene where Harry and Jim got Josh in a cubicle and said he was a miserable git and prescribed beer with them to sort him out. :lol:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 15:24 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
At least Josh isn't going to be killed off and he's going to leave Holby a happy man which makes a change.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 27 Aug 2007, 10:08 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Iain Robertson as Craig Stevens
Someone leaving cas to be happy...are the scriptwriters trying to make us faint?

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 22:56 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

nikkibear wrote:

Hey Nikki you were right about this! Yeah it was kinda predictable. Tho I'd rather have it predictable than unpredictable and 'soapy' as in completely unrealistic things happening

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 14:29 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

I thought Charlie's crisis was mild this time in comparison to others, it could have been much worse, after all he did only have 1 puff on a cigarette or he could have turned to the drink again. If I remember correctly the last time that happened was way back in series 6/7 when Julian helped him.

My one question is though, when Josh leaves who's going to become Charlie's confidant? unsure.gif

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 18:00 
Chase's Cherished
Chase's Cherished

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Iain Robertson as Craig Stevens
Why can't charlie continue to confide in Josh? just cos friends leave areas and countries doesn't mean that can't still be a confident, even in casualty things such as letters, emails and phones exist don't they?

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentu ~~~ Amicus certus in incerta re cernitou

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 18:33 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I think the sw would have to revolve a storyline surrounding Charlie's situation with a character within the current cast, once Josh leaves, he's a past tense character.

There's not many dramas/tv shows which regularly refer to characters who are no longer prominent.

Report this post