Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 09:50 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
Breugel wrote:
Kerri wrote:
I like the new series! The cameras deffinetely give it an edgier feel, and i think the character toby is great, very funny. It will be even better when Simons back in it!

The same feeling here.
I've only seen the Saturday episode. I've recorded the one of yesterday.
Toby really had no luck on Saturday. When Simon is back, he will certainly take care of him.

Yeah I thought it was a great start to the new series, love the new look and the effects.

Can't wait for Harry's return though and what he will be like with the new members of the team. The last time we saw him he was devastated so I hope it won't be long before he's smiling again cos his smile just melts you!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 15:55 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Spoiler:
Harry returns and announces to the shocked department that he is back as the new Consultant Manager. Nathan is horrified – Harry will be his new boss.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 17:02 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
emmajk wrote:
Spoiler:
Harry returns and announces to the shocked department that he is back as the new Consultant Manager. Nathan is horrified – Harry will be his new boss.

Justice is sweet! Perfect!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 17:04 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

shelliwood wrote:
emmajk wrote:
Spoiler:

Justice is sweet! Perfect!

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!
Bye bye Nathan.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 18:03 
Top Poster
Top Poster

The cream always rises to the top - Harry is King of the Castle.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 16:49 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I've just got to say 'Well Done' to Kirsty, Kathie and Bambi for defending Harry(and Simon!) who's been getting a bit of a bashing at h.tv from a few people with different opinions about Harry's return, they've said it all so know need for me to comment.

Just proves how much we all stick together

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 16:53 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Yus! No problem - can't be having that :aggressive: :nono:

It makes me angry lots because - a certain person that's having a go *mentions no names* has fully admitted she hasn't watched for ages because of lack of Charlie and now he's back - as much as I love Charlie - she thinks she knows everything about everything! :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: lol

If it happens again - or continues - yus I'm sticking with Harry fans! And there'll be war if it starts getting personal (hits again Simon!)

Tee hee x

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 18:14 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Harry does seem to receive unjustified criticism from people on htv who seem to have it in for him for no matter the argument put across to defend the character, all we can do is continue to fight the fight which needs fought.

Everyone has their favourites I suppose and others whom you dislike for no particular reason.

All I can say is that Harry rocks and it'll be FANTASTIC to have him back on Saturday.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 18:29 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I'm the sort of person where 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all' I wish more people over there did that, the bashing of Guppy/Elyes has gone up a lot too. I can't stand Nathan but I've never slagged him off over there as a lot of people do like him even if I don't (and Ben does a good job)

There are a number of people over there who only like certain people and abuse every other character and actor (you want to abuse a charater fine, but when start abusing an actors ability, that's wrong, they're doing something half the people insulting them can't do!) and they sulk when no-one agrees with them, or someone defends the charater they're insulting.

It's ok when they're bashing Harry/Simon but when you bash a charater they like they get all narky!

I know I'm biased but I've still not slagged of a charater/actor as much as some of the people over there lately have abused Simon/Elyes/Ben/Liz/Kip etc

*climbs down off soap box*

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Sep 2007, 18:56 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Jee, what a stories I read here.
Of course everybody has his favourite character. Just respect that.
I haven't gone in ages on the holby.tv forum. I don't feel at home there, I don't know why.
My place is here on this forum.
The number one reason of course is that it is a forum about my idol but also because everybody is so nice here. Nobody is trying to hurt someone else or there is no gossip what so ever.
I have had other experiences on other forums. This is the only forum I still visit.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 19 Sep 2007, 17:07 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I get really annoyed when they say all this about a character/actor you like and then - as you guys have said - take a slight knock at their favourites and it's "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH get out!" lol kind of thing. It annoys me - yeah you're allowed to express your opinion but if it's going to offend or annoy just keep yout mouth shut! It's only fair - we don't do it. Granted you can dislike a character - I hate Greg, Nathan, did dislike Cyd but I don't think that matters now - and ohhh I hated Stitch with a passion! but I'd never knock the actors. Peter O'Brian was awesomeee as Stitch - hands down he was really good but I'd never take a knock at him. The most I'd say would be something like I think they're better actors in the world than Kip Gamblin, which IMO is true. It's not offensive, really.

I think having a dig at an actor is totally unacceptable. It's uncalled for I think. They're doing their best - it's a job and not only (if they read it) would you offend the actor but the fans that would totally disagree with you.

Get's me angry. Grrrrrr. :aggressive: :aggressive:

[/rant & woffleness]

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 01:05 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
Thanks for the recognition.
I wasnt happy with certain messages on a certain board, and I thought my responses were fair, justified, and suprisingly quite unbiased.
Like you have all said, I dont like certain characters or they arent my favourites, but there is no way that I would bash them into the ground, unless they were reeeeeeeeeeeally horrible or just had no purpose in the programme what so ever!
I think I got my point across in my messages that I could see where people were coming from, and fair do's to the person whom I actually criticised, her responses were non shouty and understanding, and we did have a good debate about it.
Whether she was just lying to shut me up, I doubt it, but at least people know that if you are gonna bash Harry, then there are gonna be people who dont like it.

Thats what annoys me the most, is that when someone has a go about a character, any character not just Harry, they think that just because they have an opinion, that its the only opinion and that its 100% correct and cannot be challenged. So then, when people give them a counter arguement (To every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction!) they really dont like it.
Im not saying that that describes my recent conversations on Holby.tv, as that was actually a good debate and was friendly and not nasty, but sometimes, I just dont even bother responding because people just wont listen.

(A WAR CRY TO THE HARRY FANS! IF YOU SEE OUR MAN GETTING A BIT OF A KNOCKING, GET IN THERE AND STAND BY YOUR MAN! THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF OTHERS THERE BESIDE YOU TO HELP SO DONT BE FRIGHTENED!)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 17:27 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Hear Hear!

*sings Stand by Your Man loudly* :roll: x

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 19:06 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Go Amber, Go - are you & Shelli sharing the same soap box this week? Only joking!

You both are so right in shouting from the rooftops in support of our Simon, I'm positive everyone who accesses this website fully supports your sentiments.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Sep 2007, 13:16 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
First of all, who else squeeeeeeeeeeealed at the very sight of him last night? He looked as good as he ever has, and I thought he was great.
And, even though we (By we I mean all the Harry fans!) would have loved to have seen a whole hour of him, Im glad he wasnt in it too much, because it means the evil Harry Haters cant complain about him hyjacking the show! I thought it was a good way to ease him back in and I thought he did the right thing with Guppy. He will always be there for him, but he cant expect Harry to save him every time he makes a mistake. I thought he was hard but fair, and he does need to stand on his own two feet.

Secondly, as long as we stand our ground as the SMCFC community, we wont have a problem with those who are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too harsh on our boy.

Joins in the singing of Stand By Your Man!

Report this post