It is currently 20 Jan 2017, 00:37

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 482 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2833 Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Talk
Unread postPosted: 24 Apr 2009, 19:35 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
shelliwood wrote:
For the past 7 days I've been sending Kerri random chicken facts sent to me by AQA, she's now missing them so she insisted I send her one, even if its made it up so here is your chicken fact:

Kerri B eats more chicken than any other person on the planet, an estimated 10,000,000 tonnes per month - She's single handedly keeping the chicken farms in the UK out of the credit crunch.

:nod:

Haha! It's very true! I had chicken for breakfast, lunch and tea today.. and I guess the night is young!!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 20:11 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
This evening, for the 1st time ever, I phoned one of those 'how's my driving' numbers regarding your typical white van man - the guy was a complete eejit for the want of a better word. No wonder accidents happen, I thought there was a fire somewhere going by his impatience.

Apart from that, it's been my turn at work to be the butt of everyone's humour - I just tell them to pick on someone their own size. I done my good deed today though, I handed in money which I'd found in the store room.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 20:50 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Grrr stoopid internet. Our main connection is down and has been all day - so I'm on the 3g modem which in unbelievably slow for a broadband one, and then half the sites won't load - so Celeste what's happening over there can get on myself to see.

I can only view one page at a time at the moment due to the speed grrrr

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 22:48 

shelliwood wrote:
Grrr stoopid internet. Our main connection is down and has been all day - so I'm on the 3g modem which in unbelievably slow for a broadband one, and then half the sites won't load - so Celeste what's happening over there can get on myself to see.

I can only view one page at a time at the moment due to the speed grrrr

I had the same problem today, as NTL were doing some work near us. Then they came over and randomly replaced our modem. But all is well now.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 May 2009, 13:15 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Due to the recent 'swine flu' hitting the news I did think it was bad taste that a group of lads had dressed up as Mexicans going to the beer festival in Reading. I did laugh as we watched them walking down the road at work. :P

One year I should really go to that festival - or the real Ale and Jazz one

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 May 2009, 13:47 

I just had an interesting days work. Roadying for Mcfly thismorning, managed to blag some lovely freebies! Plectrums used by Iron Maiden :o Glad I'm going back tonight, if I can make it through the masses of 12 year old girls camping outside the venue

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 04 May 2009, 19:53 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke or Simon Doyle or ...
I was going to whine about having a long list of things to do and no energy to do it (I'm OLD, dear youngsters!). Instead. I'm going to get my whinge over with, then start working. Here I go...

Ow. (At least I'm up!)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 04 May 2009, 20:42 
Top Poster
Top Poster

You're only as old as the man you feel, I just hope he's not older! Keep whining Celeste, a good moan goes in one ear and out the other in here anyway - at least it lets of steam.

I seriously need to get back on board the diet trail, why are Pringles so irresistible. The slogan is so right, when you pop, you can't stop.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 09 May 2009, 21:35 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I had a very good Wednesday - was weird.

First I was hugged by one of the Directors PA - she had started me as I was looking at the person on my left and I hadn't seen her come up - she said I'm 'Im not that bad am I' and gave me a hug

Then I was speaking to a few people on the one one said 'You talk fast, wouldn't want to get in to an argument with you' (I did blush) another said 'great surname' he was a 'Wood' too the third person mixed up their words and tole be they we're having 'systems with their problems' then tried to correct them selves and said the same thing again

After all that I went home feeling very happy. On the flip I'm not looking forward to Monday - done something I might regret or just be terribly embarrassed about - was hoping to get the 'fall out' on Friday but best laid plans . . .

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 13 May 2009, 18:31 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

shelliwood wrote:
On the flip I'm not looking forward to Monday - done something I might regret or just be terribly embarrassed about - was hoping to get the 'fall out' on Friday but best laid plans . . .

I hope things went better than you feared, Shelli.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 13 May 2009, 20:30 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Celeste wrote:
I hope things went better than you feared, Shelli.

Well actually so far nothing happened. Grrrr. Why can't people read emails when someone sends them, don't leave them in your inbox unactioned for nearly a week?! Answers I can deal with - not knowing I can't.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 May 2009, 19:38 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

shelliwood wrote:
Why can't people read emails when someone sends them, don't leave them in your inbox unactioned for nearly a week?! Answers I can deal with - not knowing I can't.

I agree! It's a form of torture. Hope you hear something soon and get it over!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 May 2009, 20:07 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Mind let us know Shelli if you get a positive response, I hope you hear something soon.

Anyway, my mistrust of politicians has reached new levels as each false claim comes into public domain. They're not sorry for their dishonesty, their just sorry for being caught. And then at the next major election, they'll beg for votes. Huh!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 May 2009, 09:28 

CLARE wrote:
Mind let us know Shelli if you get a positive response, I hope you hear something soon.

Anyway, my mistrust of politicians has reached new levels as each false claim comes into public domain. They're not sorry for their dishonesty, their just sorry for being caught. And then at the next major election, they'll beg for votes. Huh!

You'd be proud of me Clare, I wrote a letter to our local MP- just ranting. I had a reply within 24 hours, I rattled his cage ;)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 May 2009, 10:43 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I can't stand our MP for various reasons - however apparently they were saying on the radio he is one of the few MP's who have followed the expenses 'rules' and hasn't claimed anything dodgy, +1 respect for that

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 482 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2833 Next