All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Post subject: Harry Haters
Unread postPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 14:07 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I'm interested in your opinions on the regular slaughtering of Harry on H.TV by a handful of contributors. I fully acknowledge everyone's right to their viewpoints but there seems to be a blinkered dislike of the character no matter the positive aspects of his contribution to the show.

Maybe the sw are turning the character into someone not reflective of the 'real' Harry but negative attitudes seem to go back quite a while. Like from Day 1.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Harry Haters
Unread postPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 18:02 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

I did not follow the dislikes of Harry on H.TV. Clare, you know the reason why.
But I don't understand why people do that. We love Harry/Simon but that does not mean that we have to bring down all the other actors or characters that we don't like.
Everybody has his/hers favourite. Just because of that you have to keep in mind that by saying bad words of a person that it is always hurting somebody else.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 07 Oct 2007, 22:38 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Now that I've calmed down a little, all I can say is that Harry is fabulous in my opinion and will continue to be our Superdoc. Just because he's good at his job and he knows it doesn't make him pompous/arrogant etc, it's called confidence in your own ability.

We'll see in the next 6 months whether he can rectify the f*** ups that Nathan and Stitch have made of Holby E.D. I'm sure he can and will achieve the results that Marilyn demands.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 10:06 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
I have to admit I haven't read the episode reviews at h.tv since he came back and announced his return, but I'm betting his getting quite a bashing - probably even more after last night's eps and bet all the Harry Hater's commented on him getting a whack!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 12:11 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Last night's episode would've been a joy to all those Harry Haters out there because it didn't promote him in a positive light one little bit, I think his duel responsibilities are lodging him between a rock and a hard place. He's trying too hard to fulfill his managerial responsibilities - it's looking like head v heart decision time for him.

To be honest, some people are just waiting for the first and easiest opportunity to slag Harry off no matter the good deeds that he carries out. Give us back the old 'n' lovable Harry Harper pre Westminster.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 17:08 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Harry is not making himself popular. His new job is more difficult than he must have thought when he took this opportunity.
Those who hate him, well they have now stuff enough to wine about.
I keep on loving him, that is for sure. I'm sure that deep in his heart he is still the old Harry Harper. It is just been buried for a while. I'm sure one day he will realize that what he is doing is not the right way to help his staff.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 18:32 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I'll probably continue to try to make excuses for his irrational 'non Harry' type behaviour whether the reason is his dabbling with politics or grief over Selena's death. Hopefully his experienced and closest colleagues within Holby E.D will make him come to his senses and guide the department based on patient care and not the financial nuts & bolts required by Marilyn and her stooges.

I think the penny began to drop with Harry when Abs and Tess put their views across but it's difficult for him, he's under pressure to achieve the necessary results stipulated when he took on his new role.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 11:31 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
I think people can take it a little too far, one member in particular just reapeats over and over again basically the same thing, we get how you don't like Harry so move on and say something constructive rather than constantly slagging him off.

Although I do agree with some comments at the moment, Harry has changed, he is being hypocritical, and up his own arse, but there are obviously reasons for this. It's amazing how a TV program, thats not real life can make people become so involved, it's like the characters actually exist in real life, they get so hung up over it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 11:42 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Yes, good idea, post abuse in another, unrelated topic and no-one will ever knowwwwwwwww.

Clicky

Meh.

:P

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Nov 2007, 18:14 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

That's totally uncalled for!! If you don't like them why put so much effort into the abuse. I couldn't stand Nathan but I didn't metion it in every single post that I hated him, I focused on the more positive things, like Harry and Guppy (and the time the kid fell through the ceiling onto Nathan!).

Why waste an hour of you're life watching, then a futher half hour, slagging off something you clearly don't like. What's the point, I can think of better things to do!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 12:31 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I don't mean to pick on one person and I'm not "picking on them" it's just I get so annoyed when people take the p!ss in every single post.

Even when it's in a totally unrelated topic :S I don't get if they hate him so much STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM! <_<

Seriously :( x

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 13:05 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kathie wrote:
I don't mean to pick on one person and I'm not "picking on them" it's just I get so annoyed when people take the p!ss in every single post.

Even when it's in a totally unrelated topic :S I don't get if they hate him so much STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM! <_<

Seriously :( x

I know - I get it they hate the character - why mention it every post. There seems to be an handful that just seem to go around and slander the character in everything they say. It's unnecessary, why bother.

I can understand the odd person going in to the HH thread a saying they don't like the character and giving a good solid reason why, I can understand that not everyone likes Harry/Simon that's just personal choice and can say calmly and rationally why they don't like him is fair, everyone's need an opinion. But specifically to go in to a topic and post some of the things that's been said recently, just seems like they're looking for an argument and they keep coming back and saying the exact same thing!.

It just pisses me off! We'd be jumped on if we went slandering some of the past charaters they like!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 13:28 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Exactly! And then they get annoyed when we defend him - hellloooooooooooo what do you expect us to do!?!?!

There's just no need to mention it in every single post it's rediculous!

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 13:36 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kathie wrote:
Exactly! And then they get annoyed when we defend him - hellloooooooooooo what do you expect us to do!?!?!

There's just no need to mention it in every single post it's rediculous!

They only get annoyed when 2 or more defend (one is ok as it's a debate) but yes in the HH topics what do they expect! :aggressive:

I don't read the episode discussions anymore as I'll find it hard to to be polite

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 13:50 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Oh yeah, we can't be seen to ganging up on them :lol:

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post