All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Specific episode discussion to be posted in 'Episode/Film Focus' forum

Post subject: Re: Harry Haters
Unread postPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 19:03 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
In the interview he said 'I've never seen any negative comments about/on Harry' my first thought was 'you've not been to h.tv have you?'

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 19:16 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
If the criticisms are justified and done constructively, then fair enough but I don't believe that's been the case by the usual suspects. I just wonder what exactly they expect Harry to be like and why they think he's survived 6 years in a successful drama series, he certainly has being doing much more right than wrong.

Can I suggest "wake up and smell the coffee."

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 19:52 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I'll be the first to admit Harry can be a bit of a pillock at times - sometimes he's not the sharpest knife in the draw and he tends to make bad emotional decisions (ie when he lets his emotion get in the way) but I don't see him being as bad as they make out. Rose tinted glasses maybe?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 20:38 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

shelliwood wrote:
I'm curious who's going to get the blame for all the problems once's he's gone?

They're going to loose their 'whipping boy' very shortly

Exactly. Someone's even said today that Casualty went down hill from the minute Harry arrived and will miraciously go back to 'what it once was' the minute he leaves. I'm sorry but people constantly tell me one character does not make the show. Therefore by logic one character can not be responsible for everything thats wrong with it. Grrrr I'm properly angry about this.

Also, to be a little less bitchy, I agree he doesnt always make the right decision, but I do firmly believe his heart is always in the right place.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 20:41 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
I just find it a bit sad really, and unesscisary (spelling wrong I know) that they have to come into threads in support of Harry and slate him, we know they don't like him, so move on and find someone you like and comment about them...although I think i've said it before it is only just TV why kick up so much of a fuss! :?

edit to say, forgot to read a whole page lol, I do find Harry a bit stuck up at times, more recently but still no need to take it as far as some have.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 Feb 2008, 20:59 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Becky wrote:
that they have to come into threads in support of Harry and slate him, we know they don't like him, so move on and find someone you like and comment about them...although I think i've said it before it is only just TV why kick up so much of a fuss! :?

Most of the time it's in the general episode discussion threads ie pre or post episode stuff which is fair any charater can be discussed I just wish they focused on the positive aspects of the episode rather than the negative

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 27 Feb 2008, 11:14 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Okay, I can understand that you can't like all characters in a show. But do you have to put that person down? Do they not understand that it is a TV show and that writers and producers and everybody behind the cameras decide how an actor has to play his/her role? If they don't like the Harry character just blame it on them. Say it once and leave it to that. There is absolutely no need to keep on nagging about it. I find it childish.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Mar 2008, 12:38 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Shockarooni - the usual suspects are having another potshot at Harry on H.TV, why am I not surprised? There was me thinking that he'd done a good job in trying to maintain Toby's confidence and defending Ruth's character against Marilyn's put downs.

I await with great curiosity to whom they're going to put the boot into come March 15th onwards, their whipping boy will have departed the stage.

Report this post