It is currently 20 Jan 2017, 00:37

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Unread postPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 23:05 
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Thanks, i hate it when people spoil things! I haven't a clue what sleuth is about but i'd like to follow it if i see the play.

Am not gonna mention it to mum till she's booking the boat over so won't know for a while. Do you think tickets for the last show will sell out fast?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 23:07 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Well Windsor were still selling tickets on the day - can't guarantee good seats but you should be able to get tickets up pretty close up to the day

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 23:14 
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp

Well i should know for sure around may/june so i should be ok.

Are you gonna go to the last show?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Jan 2008, 23:20 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

monalisa62003 wrote:
Well i should know for sure around may/june so i should be ok.

Are you gonna go to the last show?

Too far to travel! Still got Hayes and Bath as realistic options around here - but probably wont go again, tho have been asked if I want to go again with someone - will see

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 13 Feb 2008, 22:09 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Just ignore all my double posts - glad I'm in charge here! :roll:

Just got back from Hayes which has to be the smallest theatre and audience I've evern been in (about 300 seater with 100 people at that showing)

3 Weeks on play is running a lot smoother - they both stumbled a few times during my first watching. Watching a second time it's still hard to know which trips are planned and which aren't. The audience this time was livelier than Windsor (mostly people over 60 today) I was sat next to the local WI! Quite fun listening to their comments - at one I point I heard one say - couldn't get further from Casualty if he tried.

Simon still outstanding as ever - so lovely - I got a wink and a hug!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 01:02 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

:wub:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub:

*cough* Right constructive....

No I'm sorry I might have to get back to you. I absolutely loved it though.

Honestly the best play I've seen it was brilliant!!

And we got a kiss :wub:

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Mar 2008, 20:41 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Wow. What a fantastic play, and for just two charcaters to keep the audience engaged so well the whole way through is great! The gun shots made me jump like mad mind you! And I was in hysterics when Simon does the Little bow peep thing with the dress, about ten minutes I was laughing for and the woman next to me was obviously getting a bit annoyed, but I was laughing silently! When Simon took his bow at the end a big group of us Simon fans yelled very loudly for him, as we did for Micheal, just not as loud haha. Was great to see Simon on stage, he has such presence, I think he played the character superbly and was so different and much better than I expected it to be. As you know I was contemplating trying to meet him or not, and had been all day, luckily I was with my friend Richard who convinced me in the end,so we turned up and the stage door to find a huge que!! So everyone got chatting, I was chatting to one lady about Harry Harper, she hadn't realised he'd left....oh dear. And when I said he has left she thought I meant Simon had gone back in, nearly gave her a heart attack!! The he came out with a huge body guard along side and a big smile on his face! He was still wearing his costume (can't say I'm a huge fan of the cardy) soon it was my turn to speak with him, I was shaking ridiculously, and was like Hi! He said Hello back and I asked if I could be cheeky and ask him to sign two programs, one for me and one for my little sister he told me it was very nice of me to do that for her!! I told him how I enjoyed the play, and then asked if we could have a quick picture, which he said was fine, I then thanked him and said goodbye. I restrained myself unlike the lady infront who got her husbad to take a picture and then jumped up and gave him a kiss and a hug! Simon was absoloutly lovely, and didn't try to rush anyone, and had time for everybody. And here is the picture.... (bad hair day for me)

Attachments:
File comment: Me and Simon!
15032008238.jpg
15032008238.jpg [ 57.13 KiB | Viewed 119 times ]

Unread postPosted: 15 Mar 2008, 20:53 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Well done Becky, fantastic picture. Both of you look lovely.

1 day under 11 weeks till I see the play and stamping the floor due to lack of patience!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Mar 2008, 21:35 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Awww what a fabby picture Becky.

Glad you met him :) x

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Mar 2008, 11:08 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Sounds good Becky, great picture too xD
Only 69 days to go....!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Mar 2008, 14:06 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Went to see Simon on thursday at Blackpool. The play was brilliant and Simon was wonderful.
I thought the play had some humerous parts in it which makes it interesting to watch. The Gun shots in it made me jump out of my skin but i thought that it was the sort of play that keeps you entertained. i went with my mum and my boyfriend. My mum didnt like it much as it is not the kind of thing that she enjoyed but she did like Simon. Overall i thought the play is definately worth seeing.
Im trying to convince my boyfriend now to take me again to see him. He's the pic that i had taken with him he was so sweet. i got talking to him abit he was saying that how much he enjoying being on theatre and he had no plans to return to casualty which i am sad about. When I left he gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and he thanked me for coming and he signed a photo for me. He is so Lovely and gorgeous. Im still dreaming of that day now. He's the Pic. :D

Attachments:
Me and Simon.jpg
Me and Simon.jpg [ 40.53 KiB | Viewed 116 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Apr 2008, 12:02 
"Saturday matinee" conjures up a picture of an afternoon spent in the company of either lots of noisy children or half a dozen sleepy adults, being entertained in a light-weight, undemanding way. Nothing could be further from the truth last Saturday when I went to see "Sleuth" in Bromley! The Churchill theatre was well-populated with wide-awake people of all ages in happy anticipation. The curtain rose to reveal a fantastic set, and Simon got the show on the road!

The audience was still and quiet at first, mesmerised by MacCorkindale and maybe a little bemused at seeing him, not in the familiar guise of Harry Harper, but the very different incarnation of Andrew Wyke. However, with the prompt arrival of Michael Praed as the contrasting character of Milo Tindle, the atmosphere changed as the plot began to thicken.

Although "Sleuth" is a thriller, there are some very funny moments, and those two made a double act I would love to see more of. The acting was superb, and I would advise anyone to go and see this version of the play. It's a roller coaster ride of twists and turns.

I won't give away any of the plot for the sake of those who have yet to see it. I spoke other audeince members, and they were all blown away, seeing Simon on stage. Many only know him from Casualty, and have discovered what I've known since I first saw him in "Hawkeye" and "I Claudius" - WOW! Simon's a Really brilliant actor!!!

Well, I finally came face to face with Mr. Mac! I went to stage door before the show, which was Sat. matinee, best time for me. He was running a bit late, but I did have time for a little chat. There were quite a few other people there. Also met Michael Praed and got him to sign Sleuth programme as well as an ancient one I had from Pirates of Penzance I saw him in many moons ago. (Simon also signed Sleuth.) He was of course, just as lovely as I always knew he would be

Posted by shelliwood on behalf of Marion. Marion is a former fan club member but only met Simon for the first time last week, it was well worth the wait!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 May 2008, 21:34 

Brilliant!!!

I went to the matinee performance today in Cambridge.

I loved it, it was really funny, and the acting was brilliant.
I loved the character Simon played; but I can't say what it was like in case I spoil it for anyone! But his character had me in stitcheS.
At one point it went a bit wrong, which was a giggle.. Also an advantage of being front row, you get to keep what comes your way :D
I thought the plot of the play was really good, although I did manage to predict it at one point, but a lot of twists etc, very well thought out.
The set was pretty cool!

I met Simon before the show, I didn't have much to say for myself- I got shy. But I did have a small chat, got a photo etc,and this time a kiss :oops: , so now my mum tells me not to wash my face? Bad advice right, second mother? :P

I am going to go again to Brighton I thought it was that good 8)

Attachments:
Pilmagridge 002.jpg
Pilmagridge 002.jpg [ 60.25 KiB | Viewed 115 times ]

Unread postPosted: 24 May 2008, 21:39 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Well done Kerri, an amazing photo. Delighted to see that front row spectators have an advantage - note to one self!

To excuse the French, my a*** is making buttons waiting for Friday, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas coming. At 35, I really should get a grip on myself!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 24 May 2008, 23:56 

I got a Sleuth poster which is like 4 times bigger than me, no joke! haha it doesn't fit on my bedroom wall!

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next