It is currently 25 Feb 2017, 10:20

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Unread postPosted: 25 May 2008, 10:36 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
What an ace photo dude!! Your both look great!
I want a big Slueth poster! Glad you enjoyed it! Well wish I could see it again, but it ain't comming anywhere near me now.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 25 May 2008, 10:41 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Becky wrote:
I want a big Slueth poster!

Pick a theatre and phone and ask!

I did after trying for months - hopefully Cambridge will send me them - Hayes didn't after saying they would, Windsor didn't phone me back either - so still trying to get some

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 26 May 2008, 23:59 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
First visit to Sleuth tonight - walking back to the car, James said "Happy?" - men do ask daft questions sometimes, don't they? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Performance was very good - laughed a lot - also enjoyed the biographies in the programme. Waited for Simon after - not too many folks, and he was out pretty quickly - he was great, making sure nobody got missed out. He signed my programme for me, and we got a couple of photos - he's said he'll sign them if I print them and bring them on Saturday. :wub: Yes, he's gorgeous, great blue eyes, and sooooo nice!!! :) :) :) :) Now can't wait till Saturday!!!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 May 2008, 18:11 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

shelliwood wrote:
Becky wrote:

See it works! Tho they did fold them THANK YOU CAMBRIDGE ARTS THEATRE
Attachment:
28052008.jpg
28052008.jpg [ 54.01 KiB | Viewed 96 times ]

Not as big as Kerri's ones tho

Tho I have to leave them under my matress to get them flat - first one to even think of making a comment about Simon in my bed is dead :P

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 May 2008, 18:27 

shelliwood wrote:
shelliwood wrote:
Becky wrote:

See it works! Tho they did fold them THANK YOU CAMBRIDGE ARTS THEATRE
Attachment:
28052008.jpg

Not as big as Kerri's ones tho

Tho I have to leave them under my matress to get them flat - first one to even think of making a comment about Simon in my bed is dead :P

They only had one giant one, sorry Shelli :P But you got more!
In fact I'm going to go and try fit it on my wall now haha.. it requires two people to lift the thing :wink:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 May 2008, 18:31 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kerri wrote:

Least they match my Unexpected Guest set

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 May 2008, 18:41 

shelliwood wrote:
Kerri wrote:

Least they match my Unexpected Guest set

My unexpected guest poster has had to be moved, to make way for the Sleuth poster.. it looks so funny.. my rooms tiny, and it's taken up by a Sleuth poster, ace :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 06:08 
Simon's Sweetheart
Simon's Sweetheart

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon himself
I went along on Thursday night and took my hubby with me (purely as photographer of course). Goes without saying I loved every single second of it, I thought they both worked incredably hard but I did find it hard to take my eyes off Simon! Its been a very long while since I saw him on stage and I had forgotten how mesmerising he is. He does really command attention. Even my hubby, Graham, loved the play and did not spot the twists and turns coming along.

Backstage afterwards we waitied about half an hour before Simon came out and he was full of apologies for keeping us waiting. Always the gentleman of course. So friendly and talkative. I took my very old and battered programme from when I first saw him in Pygmalion in the west end and I think Simon was amazed I had one and that I had bought it along! SImon had plenty of time for us and I got a lovely photo. Graham was well impressed and especially that Simon "went" to him to shake his hand.

Great great night. I've posted my pic in the gallery for you to see

Last edited by shelliwood on 01 Jun 2008, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Moved to the review topic

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2008, 20:52 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Today I am sooooo anti-climaxed!! :cry: No more Sleuth to look forward to - unless I go to Aberdeen to take my mother in law, but that's looking unlikely.

Well, last night was our second visit to Sleuth, with 6 other family members ( including James' ex wife and husband) and it was a fantastic evening. The theatre was roasting - heard some women afterwards saying that the heat had spoiled their evening, but not mine! The audience was much more vocal than on Monday, and there was a real loud giggler in!! Michael's "strip" got a lot of increasingly appreciative oohs and giggles. :wink: The flappy boots went down well, particularly when he negotiated the stairs at speed. The funniest bit was when Simon threw Michael the juggling balls, and the second one went down his trousers - swiftly retrieved amidst much laughter, on stage and off. :lol: Also, when the gelignite had been set, and Simon was waiting for Michael to reach the front of the stage, his boots got the audience laughing, and Michael joined in - there was a good pause before straight faces were restored!! The clothing was much more vigorously strewn than on Monday, with a nightie left hanging on one of the highest paintings, and something long hanging over the door, which snared Simon later on. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that the performance was fantastic. We met both of them afterwards and got photos with Michael, and Simon wore out someone's Sharpie signing everyone's programmes. He also signed my photo from the other night - I'll get that scanned in and post it later. In our other photo from Monday, I look even worse, so we cropped me out and kept Simon - not bad, eh?!!

Attachments:
DSCN0304 - Simon MacC.jpg
DSCN0304 - Simon MacC.jpg [ 37.41 KiB | Viewed 100 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 00:07 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
I really enjoyed the show, the humour content was fantastic. Both guys played their parts brilliantly but I'll be unashamedly biased in saying that my concentration was mainly focused on Simon, Sorry Michael but it couldn't be helped.

My heart was in my mouth on quite a few occasions when they were running up & down the stairs though, I just kept thinking "please don't fall!". The tin man at the top of the stairs fell over which I'm reliably informed from 'Team Michael' wasn't supposed to happen.

Because I hadn't previously seen a cinema or theatre production of Sleuth, I found the storyline really interesting. Simon & Michael's on stage interaction comes across as very natural and genuine and they give the impression that they enjoy the interaction with the audience.

Last edited by CLARE on 10 Jun 2008, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 10 Jun 2008, 17:37 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

I found the play was really good. Just as all of us I suppose, I couldn't keep my eyes of Simon. Although that Michael has put down a great performance as well.
Through the play I really could feel the hate between the 2 characters. That means that they played it with much passion. Sleuth is surely a play that you must go and see.

Last edited by Breugel on 11 Jun 2008, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Jun 2008, 19:48 
Having spent approximately 1.5 hrs with the young lady whom I suspect 'runs' this site, outside the Theatre Royal, Brighton this afternoon - for which thank you, I just wanted to put my comments regarding Sleuth.

Simon was more energetic than I have ever seen him in this performance and he had the perfect foil in Michael Praad. I had long ago forgotten the full content of Sleuth so enjoyed the 'tooing and froing' tremendously, not to mention the 'nearly giggles' of the cast when the strewn props landed high up on the scenary - unexpectedly .

Having also had the opportunity to meet and speak to him prior to the performance, I was struck by his enthusiasm in spite of the fact that he had heard that the audience would be sparse (in fact there was a good crowd in) and the wait was well worth it.

I look forward to seeing him again.

Last edited by shelliwood on 12 Jun 2008, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 14:05 
New Poster
New Poster

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Fave Character
I went to see Sleuth back in April when it was at Richmond. I went along to the Wednesday matinee which unfortunately turned out to be quite a bad day weather-wise. It was raining quite hard but me and my friend stuck it out outside the stage door for as long as we could before deciding to head inside to the theatre and try and catch Simon afterwards. We later found out he had been running extremely late anyway, so probably wouldn't have had time to talk to us beforehand.

The play was hilarious, probably one of the best ones I've seen. I was laughing so hard throughout most of it. It seems as though we caught Simon and Michael on one of their more "professional" days as nothing seemed to go wrong! No balls down trousers or anything like I've read in other reviews! The only snag was the Chinese lady in front of us who kept rustling her carrier bag - eventually the woman in front of her got so fed up she turned around and said "Will you stop it!!" It was all I could do not to laugh!

After the play had finished we went around to the stage door and Simon was very quick to leave. As soon as he opened the door and saw us he said "oh my goodness!" (which is his usual exclaimation for us!) He was then bombarded by some people of the "older" generation who all wanted him to pose on the step so they could snap away with their cameras. Of course Simon was happy to oblige although he seemed a bit uncomfortable with standing and posing like he was on a red carpet! Then he apologised to them and said he was just going to go and speak to us first, which was nice of him. Of course we wouldn't have minded him signing and speaking to the others first, but the fact he wanted to talk to us first made me feel a bit special! We immediately got a hug and a kiss each, then Simon asked whether we had actually been in to see the play - and seemed a bit surprised when we said yes! I think he was expecting me at Cambridge as I had told him late last year that was where I would likely go to see Sleuth. We chatted for a bit about the differences between this play and The Unexpected Guest, and how much more Simon was enjoying Sleuth. He signed his Harry cast card for us and then we left him to his fellow fans. He did say before we left he would see us soon though. He was as charming as always and hopefully he'll do something else where I can go and see him again very soon!

(Hope this was the kind of review you were after Shelli :P)

Last edited by shelliwood on 15 Jun 2008, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed smilie

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 14:40 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I haven't calmed down - at all but hey let's try and be constructive.

Warning in advance - this will be a long post. :D

ok I'm going to paste what Saz wrote on htv and just edit extra bits. :P

So - for starters - Sleuth's showing in Billingham this week - like a mile away from me - so how could we not go? lol We went last night - second night. We let him know that we were coming yesterday and Shelli said he seemed to remember us telling him back in February that we'd be there lol Bless him. :wub:

Saz came to Middlesbrough in the morning - we did some shopping, bought Simon a little present went to the theatre to drop something off and ask for posters [which I'm getting at the end of the week] and then went back to mine to get ready. :)

The night itself;

We giggled our way through the play which was as fantastic and as funny as the first time; if not moreso, (funnier, cos we knew what was coming, and were mainly laughing at Michaels clumsyness (his legs were COVERED in cuts and blood from previous fallings!) and Simon's campness!)

When the gunshots came, the woman next to Saz literally jumped out of her seat and onto her in shock which was hilarious, bless her! And I turned to her in the interval and said: "got over your shock?" hahahaa which just set Saz off laughing at her all over again.

At the end of the play, we clapped for them both, but then on the bit where they kinda point at each other to get individual clappingness we went crazy for simon and woooooooooed muchly [really loudly lol], which made him do this kind of mock leap of surprise, and then when he got over it we got a wink - wahay! *high five* It was so lovely!

Oh oh and during the play we caught some of Andrew's novel pages after Milo threw them in the air - they landed at our feet - well - one did, we nicked the other off the stage in the interval before they had chance to clear up! Then Simon signed them for us, and I think he was amused we managed to get them. We said "these magically floated onto our laps" He just laughed it off. :P *will post at the end*

We went to the stage door after the play, and got told he'd be in the bar. This panicked me muchly so we went to the bar while I fidgeted about sitting in all of the seats around us... [:D].. Simon finally emerged about 5 mins after Michael - there were quite a few groups waiting for him but they were all a bit apathetic and didn't dare make a move so Sarah decided to wave enthusiastically, and he came straight over to sit with us! He talked to us for ages about the play/the pics we'd taken him to sign/the pressie we'd taken him etc, but then another fan interrupted cos they had to rush off. Simon said he'd sign for them but he must get back to us two girls because we were quite important! So yeah we TOTALLY stole him off everyone else, and he is so sweet, and we had a little discussion about the play, how it iss to do it lots, and how you pick up more things cos it's quite complex if you see it more than once.... When he was with the people that had to leave I did an impression of the "Milo, Baby" line without realising he was stood right behind me and he said "What are you talking about now?" So we told him how we loved the 'milo, baby' quote and he did it for us in the correct voice which was fabby, and we also said we liked the little bo peep bit, and he said we must enjoy the campness then - hahaaaa.

I also asked him if he liked his leaving book cover that I made and he said "Ohh honey that was you!" :wub: He said he loved it and he wrote to Emily and we said we knew and then he said how he hadn't been on the site for a while [IE this one] because he'd been so busy [unsurprisingly lol]. He also mentioned you Shelliiiii and how you'd been to see him last week and I said "Yeah Brighton and she mentioned that we were coming this week." Which he laughed at when he remembered and started talking about Darlington in February.

I also mentioned that I was taking some friends to see it on Friday and he said to come and say hello. :wub:

Aww he's just the loveliest person! I'm taking "Milo Baby" as my own personal quote now :lol:
Can't wait until Friday! I absolutely love the play! It's just fantasic! His stage presense is awesome!

10/10!!!

Attachments:
File comment: Kathie and Simon!
simonkathie.jpg
simonkathie.jpg [ 39.04 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]
File comment: Page of Andrew Wyke's "Novel" that makes no sense which magically floated into our laps. Tee Hee
Sleuthpage.jpg
Sleuthpage.jpg [ 56.75 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Last edited by Kathie on 20 Jun 2008, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 19:39 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Your blatently best mates then now! lol!! :wink:
Sounds like you had an ace time, glad you enjoyed it, I loved the little bo-peep bit too, had me in stitches! :lol:

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next