It is currently 20 Feb 2017, 16:22

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 19:46 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Lovley Pictures and im glad you all had a good time. :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 20:01 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Kathie wrote:
He also mentioned you Shelliiiii and how you'd been to see him last week and I said "Yeah Brighton and she mentioned that we were coming this week." Which he laughed at when he remembered and started talking about Darlington in February.
That's a lie, it wasn't me honest, was my evil twin I swear

Kathie wrote:
...then he said how he hadn't been on the site for a while [IE this one] because he'd been so busy [unsurprisingly lol]

See I said he had visited here before - last time he said that 'Every one's talking and seems really well' so beware . . . Simon could be watching :P

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 20:18 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
That makes me uneasy. :lol:

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 20:25 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Good makes people behave!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 20:36 
Top Poster
Top Poster

100 lines & 10 of the belt to any misbehaving mischievous members - OUCH!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 20 Jun 2008, 23:44 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Ok, loads of people have been asking so I'll post what happened...

Met up with 4 friends - Tom, Jo, Erin and Jade.

Watched the play - in which there was a good minute where no one could complete their lines for laughing too much - yes Simon too. :P

The part where everything goes flying Michael threw a cushion over towards the door brushing past Simon's head and knocking over the lamp - paper flying in the air followed by Michael falling on the floor. They just lost it. Simon - normally excellent at holding his composure - was just gone - laughing so much!

Bless him. I was sat next to this lovely couple who kept giggling at all the mistakes. :P

Oh - and the bit where Michael undresses his button got stuck and he went "Christ" and just ripped his shirt off making Simon laugh and improvise something like "That's it, good boy." :lol: Legend.

Then The gun shot didn't go off in the right place and Michael ended up dead behind the sofa. :lol: hilarious!

Then we went to see him afterwards - Michael came out first and this bloke called him over and said "I've never seen Sleuth and I don't know who you are but will you sign this for me please?" and handed him an autograph book!! :lmao: We laughed so much/ Then Michael almost left so I asked for a photo and he signed Tom and Erin's programmes and we had a group photo - just before the photo Simon came out and was also called over by this bloke who said, this time, "I don't know who you are, I've never really watched Casualty but will you sign this please?" to which we laughed at again. Bless the guy - he could have done some research :rolleyes:

Simon finished and whilst Michael was signing Tom's programme he gave me and hug and a kiss and asked if I'd enjoyed the show. :)
Then I said I had a pic for him to sign and he rolled his eyes. :P Saz knows why :lol: He didn't mind though, he was lovely and signed Tom and Erin's programmes asking about the performance and then we had a couple of group photos. Then he asked about where we lived and if we'd travelled far and then he remembered me saying where I lived :lol: We started talking about college and what we do and what we were doing at University.
Then Jade [who I don't actually know lol] said he was doing brainy subjects and he commented on them being brainy and having a big brain under her huge hair and she replied with "It's normally bigger.... it's greasy" :rolleyes: lol and Simon replied with "Well, I'm glad you washed to come to the theatre" and laughed. Jeeeez, embarrassed much?!?!!? lol and then Tom said I was obsessed when I promised not to go again. :P

He just laughed thankfully and then I had to explain going to get huge posters. I said I was getting one for me and one for Shelli. He nodded and then asked about when I was getting them and that if I wanted them signing he'd wait for me. ^_^ So I didn't feel too bad.

I wished him good luck with the rest of the tour, he winked at me and then we went home.

I hope Simon doesn't judge me from my friends, they're crazy. :lol:

But yes fabulous. It's sad to have seen it for the last time, but it was fantastic as usual and I had to stop myself overly laughing at the "Milo, Baby" line.

Saz - I so am a geek, and so are you!
Jax - Simon and Michael are a fantastic double act!

Campness rules all!

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 23:05 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Glad evreyones been having a great time seeing Simon. :)

Lovley Pictures Kathieee. :wub:

Iv'e been phoneing up theatres as well for those Posters but im still trying to get one if not it doesnt matter.

I was going to see Simon in theatre but in the end i couldnt make it.:(

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 17:54 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

amy c wrote:

Iv'e been phoneing up theatres as well for those Posters but im still trying to get one if not it doesnt matter.

I/we should be getting some signed ones (both Simon and Michael) in a week or two which I planning on auctioning a couple of them off for charity at some point in the near future. With the rest also being kept for a future charity auction (as soon as Simon pick's us a charity!)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 18:58 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

shelliwood wrote:
amy c wrote:

I/we should be getting some signed ones (both Simon and Michael) in a week or two which I planning on auctioning a couple of them off for charity at some point in the near future. With the rest also being kept for a future charity auction (as soon as Simon pick's us a charity!)

Oh right cool, Thanks for that. :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:25 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I've got 7[ish] A3 Sleuth posters signed by both Simon and Michael for said auction and they wished us luck. :)

Actually - Michael missed one - there's one only signed by Simon. I'd have had one more but the forum theatre manager stole one lol.

xx

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 19:45 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kathie wrote:
I'd have had one more but the forum theatre manager stole one lol.

Thanks again Kathie for getting these organised and harrasing stalking asking Simon to get them signed

You let them steal one - they should get their own - they work there!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 23 Jun 2008, 20:22 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I resent that!!!

I wouldn't have done had he not have asked if I wanted them signing!! What was I supposed to do!!! lol I won't send huge poster. :P

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: News - Sleuth
Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 18:34 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Ali G wrote:
I'm going again on Friday, in Aberdeen, with my mother in law - can't wait!! That's my third time, and I'll wipe that little smirk off my face right now!

And . . . (figured you'd be about here hyper last night)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 28 Jun 2008, 23:39 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Here I am, back from Aberdeen, and swinging from gloomy (It's all over!) to pretty hyper (It was brilliant!)!! I took my mother in law, who is registered blind but has some sight; we were in the third row, and although she couldn't see faces, she could see well enough to follow what was going on. We have managed to get her to get hearing aids, which have transformed her life, and she could hear the play perfectly - she was chuckling away all evening! I think I enjoyed this visit the most - Michael and Simon were both on top form, and I knew what to watch for. I laughed soooo much!
When they were about to blow open the safe, Michael flapped round behind the sofa and fell over. When he emerged, he hobbled to where simon was waiting, and said, "Ow, that hurt!" He stood there rubbing his foot and wincing, so Simon ad-libbed, "Well, that's what you get for mucking around!" What with Michael and the audience laughing, it was a minute or two before Simon could detonate the gelignite. During the sacking of the room, Michael was heading right across the stage, and flung two cushions vigorously behind him, one of which hit Simon on the head. We laughed, so Simon waited in mid stride, looking at Michael, who was looking around thinking "What?? What???" At the beginning of the 2nd act, when the phone rings, Simon goes to the record player to turn it off - or down? Anyway, I don't know whether he is really controlling the deck or whether someone was not on the ball, but the music didn't stop until he slammed the lid down!
After the performance I parked Mum and went down to the stage door - there were only two of us waiting - I forgot to ask the other woman's name, but she is involved with Michael's fansite - she went to 7 of the 8 performances in Glasgow, has now been twice in Aberdeen, and has a ticket for the last night in Newcastle, though she might not be able to go - can anyone beat that?? Michael was out first, and came straight up to me -he forgot my name, but not my face - and I've had a fairly radical haircut, so I don't look like the Wicked Witch of the West any more!! We had a wee chat - his foot was fine!! - and he signed both programmes for me. By this time Simon had come out - "You here again?!" - so I explained about bringing Mum, and that she has COPD so couldn't manage the walk to the stage door, but we could see her so he stood there waving to her - Bless! I hadn't the heart to tell him that she probably couldn't see him - it's the thought that counts! He also signed both programmes, and we had a brief chat - and I gave him my Sharpie. I bought several - he says he keeps losing them!!
I went back to where Mum was waiting for James to pick us up, which just happened to be at the exit of the theatre car park. Shortly after, Simon left - he was being driven, but smiled and waved energetically - but I didn't quite get Mum turned round in time to see him. And then Michael drove up. He waved, and was half out of the car park onto the main road, but he stopped, wound down the window and said hello to Mum. She said how much she had enjoyed the performance, and they shook hands, and she was sooo chuffed! I think that really made her night!!
So a great night was had by all - a fantastic performance given by two really smashing guys.

Last edited by shelliwood on 29 Jun 2008, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Moved post and changed title

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 21:11 
Simon's Sweetheart
Simon's Sweetheart

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke
Hi Ali!

It was me you met outside the theatre in Aberdeen! :D How are you?!

Wasn't it great on Friday? I AM definitely going to Newcastle now, can't resist, I have to see the last night of this tour. Got my car booked and everything!

I saw Michael again on Saturday before the matinee, which was also a brilliant show. Michael made like he was going to "ping" a bra in the general audience direction from the balcony and Simon went "MILO! BEHAVE!". It was so funny!

I've had so much fun seeing Sleuth; I'm an original Michael fan but I have to say I've really been blown away by Simon's talent and his kindness and generosity with his time. He's a true gentleman and so wonderful to talk to - having two such great guys working together on stage is what makes this such a great play to go and see. And the fun they have on stage, things going flying etc... no two shows are the same, which is why I've loved going to see it several times and still can't get enough.

Was great to meet you Ali!

Hugs!

Haze x

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next