It is currently 27 Feb 2017, 23:50

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Unread postPosted: 30 Jun 2008, 23:42 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Hi Haze, it's great to put a name to a face! :welcome:

I did tiptoe round the Fanfare site the other day, and I think I have to join - it seems unjust to support one and not the other when they've both been so great. And Mum was so pleased when Michael stopped to shake her hand, I think I'd join just for that!

Friday was great fun, and Saturday sounded good too. You're right, what's special about seeing a play more than once is that it is live and evolving, unlike repeated watchings of a DVD. I am deeply jealous that you are going to Newcastle - don't suppose you want company for the drive?!! unsure.gif Have a great time, and give them a big cheer from me! I shall look forward to your review!

Take care,

Ali xx

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 12:46 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
:welcome: Haze and Celeste!!
Nice to get to know you.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 17:48 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke or Simon Doyle or ...
Thanks for the welcome, Heidi! I think Simon's fans are as special as he is, which is saying a lot!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 18:26 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Celeste wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Heidi! I think Simon's fans are as special as he is, which is saying a lot!

That is a nice compliment. But I'm quite sure that you Michael's fans are just the same. Michael is also a very nice and generous man.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 18:51 
Simon's Sweetheart
Simon's Sweetheart

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke
Thanks for the warm welcome Heidi!

I think it's great that a lot of Simon's and Michael's fans have come together via Sleuth and are now becoming great friends. The guys are both wonderful, friendly, charming and kind and it's nice to see that so many of their fans reflect that too!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 19:02 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Haze wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome Heidi!

I think it's great that a lot of Simon's and Michael's fans have come together via Sleuth and are now becoming great friends. The guys are both wonderful, friendly, charming and kind and it's nice to see that so many of their fans reflect that too!

You are absolutely true! It is great to get to know each other via Sleuth. Incredible actually how a theatre play can bring people together from all over the world. Love it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 17:03 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Glad you had fun Ali and Haze - and Haze :O I thought I'd gone too many times with three [and a half :roll: lol]

THat's dedication! lol

And I think we can come to the conclusion that we all rock loads. :P xx

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 18:37 
New Poster
New Poster

Welll, yep I got back last night, from seeing Simon's final show Newcastle. I'm still pretty hyper, I have an A3 poster beside me, a camera full of useless but memorable pictures and another HUGE poster in my bedroom that I'm getting framed. I didn't know you could get frames that big. :roll:

But the play was brilliant. Honestly, the best thing I've seen in a long time. Even though I practically knew it was coming, I literally jumped a foot in the air at the first gunshot. But I laughed out loud all the way through.
I think the only noticeable improvisation I saw was as Milo was meant to smash the jewel box open with the crowbar, he slammed it onto the desk, and it sort of, fell open. Micheal just turned and looked at Simon, and the expression on his face was so comical, pure shock and disbelief. At which Simon turned away in 'disguist', and Micheal ad-libbed "It's... It's JUST LIKE MAGIC !" Oh, and as Simon was searching for the bell pull, he tripped over a chair, and then couldn't actually get into the clock.
A brilliant performance from both Micheal and Simon, especially the 'Inspector Doppler', I only caught on at the last second before Milo revealed himself. And the ending was done magnificantly, I honestly thought, after shooting Milo, Andrew was about to shoot himself, but I wasn't disappointed as Simon's acting made up for it. The drama was amazing.

I got a giant poster off the theatre manager, who was really nice, and an A3 one too. And then we went round to the stage door to wait for Simon, thank heavens it didn't start to rain. But we waited until last, and Simon came over to us and spotted my badge, and greeted us with "God, not another one !", or something to that description. We got chatting about anything he would be doing next, and he said there is something on the cards, but no details allowed because it's not final. I did mention that Kathie told me not to be nervous, because he was lovely, and he replied "I don't bite, unless I'm asked.". Unfortunately, I didn't see Micheal, nevertheless, Simon just topped off a wonderful night.

So all in all, I had the most amazing night, the play was fantastic and Simon was so lovely. :)

but i wanna go home, i’ve got to go home.
#

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 18:45 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Sounds Greatt. :D

Glad you had a good timeee. :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 20:13 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Awesome!!!

DId you get your huge one signed?

I want mine framed but I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy don't think my parents would appreciate that lol

Plus I want to protect my little messages on it :wub:

Lauren you've just reminded me of something that happened when I went the last time with my college geeks. :P

The bit where he has to open the clock, grab the tights, pick up his novel and sit down all whilst Michael's out of the room, well Simon was a bit low in picking up all the paper and was really rushing so when Michael came back into the room Simon had justtttttt sorted himself out and he looked at the audience and when "Pheww". Was hilarious.

I can't remember if I've already said that but incase i hadn't Lauren reminded me. :P x

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 20:15 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Kathie wrote:
I want mine framed but I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy don't think my parents would appreciate that lol

Plus I want to protect my little messages on it :wub:

Don't think there's frames big enough and if there is they're not gonna be cheap

Edit: Kathie - don't forget to post the posters

Last edited by shelliwood on 06 Jul 2008, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 20:22 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Love to see how they'd fit that through your letter box. ;)

And yes thank you Shelli :roll: lol

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 06 Jul 2008, 20:25 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kathie wrote:
Love to see how they'd fit that through your letter box. ;)

They won't! But there is always someone in :roll:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 21:32 
I went to see Simon at Hull New Threatre on the Wednesday and again on the Thursday also to get his autograph I had butterflies he was great, better in real life. I sent him some flowers on the last day (Saturday) at Hull and he phoned me on my mobile to thank me. I left my number hoping he would ask me for a drink. But I ended up in my back garden in my pjs talking to him. He sent me a auto photo of him and he had written it himself. I wish I could get intouch with him but I surpose I am not the only one.

Get to see you Simon. LOVE
Sheila from Hornsea

Last edited by shelliwood on 07 Jul 2008, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Changed post title

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 22:16 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

sheilarussell wrote:
I wish I could get intouch with him but I surpose I am not the only one.

Lovely!!

You can send him a letter via his agent address can be found here: http://www.simonmaccorkindale.net/articles/?page_id=63

He generally replies himself now

Last edited by shelliwood on 07 Jul 2008, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next