It is currently 20 Jan 2017, 00:38

All times are UTC+01:00

Unread postPosted: 07 Jul 2008, 23:51 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Well folks, yesterday I didn't have enough functioning brain cells to string three words together, and today I shouldn't have been allowed out - I drove to Asda with more than half my brain still in Newcastle!!

Haze and I drove down to Newcastle - that is, she drove while I navigated, and we only had one problem, right in the centre of the city, where we couldn't turn right into the road with the car park on it - no problem. Newcastle welcomed us with pouring rain, so we felt a right pair of lemons waiting outside the stage door for the guys to arrive :lol: I've never done anything like that before, and even getting soaked was fun!! Michael arrived first, we had a brief chat, and he invited us back in the break between performances. We then waited a bit longer for Simon, and it really rained! Once Simon arrived we went into the lobby, finding 3 people who'd been sensible enough to go in and wait! Clare - Simon says "Hello", and I have a signed book for you. Heidi - Simon says "Hello"; he hasn't had a chance to read the book yet, but said he will.

We collected our tickets from the box office, and Haze went in to the matinee. I had a quick wander, bought a magazine, then settled in Costa across the road from the theatre to read, drink coffee and anticipate the evening performance.

I met Haze out of her 10th Sleuth, and we went round to the stage door again, where Michael collected us and took us to the Green Room. There were 5 of us - us two, Jane who was local, and two women from Taunton who'd flown up from Exeter that morning!! Simon popped in twice, once to collect his cousin, and the second time to say Hello. He recognised all of us except one of the ladies from Exeter, so he shook her hand and said, "Hello - I'm Simon!" She said "Yes, I know!" - aah, bless! We spent the rest of the time with Michael, initially chatting while he ate his tea, but when he'd done he took us on to the set! 8) He showed us how things worked, and how rickety the balcony was, and answered all sorts of questions. He showed us the back brace and knee and elbow pads he wears - not just to protect him when he falls, but also to protect him from Simon, who was a bit too good at hitting him!! One time he tore the ligaments between about 6 ribs, which was very sore and took about 5 weeks to heal! He did still say that Simon was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet! :lol: One of the subjects for discussion was long words - I wondered how many people would actually know what hebdomadal meant!! I first met it in a cat care book, so I looked it up, and it means "weekly"!!! Andrew refers to Milo's "hebdomadal meetings (or couplings)" quite early in the first act, and Michael said that he felt it was just Shaffer showing off. Towards the end of the play, when Andrew is rushing around looking for clues, he says something about "the triumph of mind over atavism", and Michael said he always thought "What??!!!". Well, that last performance, he looked down at the five of us in the front row and said it!! Just for us!! It's not a funny bit, but we laughed!! Anyway, I'm a little ahead. We saw and talked about so many things, and I can't remember everything - it wouldn't have looked too cool if I'd taken my little notebook out!

We ate, then found our seats - middle of the front row. By the end of the first act I was afraid they'd have us thrown out, we laughed so much. The problem was that we started laughing before the funny bits! :lol: "Milo, baby!" was wonderful, and Simon got quite carried away with Little Bo Peep; Brother Lightfingers was pretty energetic too. There was the usual hilarity prior to the blowing of the safe, and the novel's "veritable snowstorm" was played to the hilt. The whole performance was just fantastic, and so was the applause at the end, along with lusty whooping from us five in the front!!

And so we made our way to the stage door for the last time, to wait to see the guys for the last time (for this production!). Simon was out first, and was pretty well mobbed. We saw Lauren - that is, I heard Simon comment on the Harry Harper badge, so I knew she must be one of us!- and waited so long that we almost missed him! Haze and I got photos and a brief chat - he was in a hurry to be off - can't blame him!! Then we waited a bit longer for Michael, and got photos with him. My camera was having a strop, but he just waited - he's a star!!

And then it was all over bar the drive home! I wouldn't have missed a moment of this - I've got to know a great play, met two fantastic actors, and also met Clare, Heidi and Haze, as well as "meeting" all of you lovely folks. So, roll on the next project, and three cheers for Michele and her wonderful website.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 07:44 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Wow, that was a great evening!!! :clapping:
Thank you Ali for mentioning me and Clare to Simon.
Michael is really a great guy. Can't imagine any other actor taking his fans on to the stage.
I'm also glad that I met you in Glasgow. Hopefully we can do that again in the near future. It will all depend on Simon's agenda. :lol:
Probably early April next year I will visit Glasgow again because Kenny Rogers will give a concert there and since I'm a huge fan of him as well....

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 11:23 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Fab Ali!

I had to laugh at the "Hello I'm Simon" :lol:

Michael is so funny!

I'm so jealous you got a set tour!!!! lol

End of an era! :( Sort of lol x

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 12:07 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Glad you had a lovleyy time seeing the Performance and meeting Simon and Micheal. :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 08 Jul 2008, 17:14 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Ali G wrote:
We saw Lauren - that is, I heard Simon comment on the Harry Harper badge, so I knew she must be one of us!

:wave:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 07:24 
Simon's Sweetheart
Simon's Sweetheart

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke
Saturday really was wonderful; Ali and I had so much fun and the guys were just fabulous both on and off stage.

I was so touched that Michael took time out to spend with us after the matinee and show us round the set; especially as it was their last day and I'm sure he had plenty things to be doing, but he still did that for us and it was just fantastic.

Simon, again, what a great guy - I have a lot of time for Simon and I think he's a very lovely and very talented guy.

I'm very sad that Sleuth has come to an end but what a way to finish the tour; we couldn't have asked for more!

Haze x

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 17:59 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Kathie finally sent me the posters she's been holding to ransom - hence the Northern Correspondence title :wink:
Attachment:
File comment: My posters - Big poster, in the middle - middle size poster, on the right (A3) - small poster, left (A4) and small flyer on the left left in red (A5) - forgot about the larger flyer to add to the pic
DSCN0675.JPG
DSCN0675.JPG [ 786.68 KiB | Viewed 666 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Posters to auction - All but 2 Sleuth ones signed by Simon and Micheal + 2 Unexpected guest posters unsigned - Watch this space
DSCN0676.JPG
DSCN0676.JPG [ 760.76 KiB | Viewed 666 times ]

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 18:07 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I resent that!

And it's not fair for you to be nice to me til you get poster :( lol

I totally rock for getting that much signed for you/auction. Be nice. :P

And everyone'll know it's me because it's got "Billingham" written on the bottom which blatently implies me. lol xxx

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Last edited by Kathie on 14 Jul 2008, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 18:10 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

You know you suck really :P

me/ loves Kathie despite above comment but she'll know what I mean

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 May 2009, 20:40 
Top Poster
Top Poster

Exactly 1 year ago tonight, I attended Sleuth in Glasgow and saw Simon in the flesh for the 1st time - what a Simon filled year it's been! Absolutely amazing and loved it all.

:partyhard: to Simon and every member who have made it such a fantastic 12 months and long may it continue.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Jun 2009, 08:35 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke or Simon Doyle or ...
CLARE wrote:
Exactly 1 year ago tonight, I attended Sleuth in Glasgow and saw Simon in the flesh for the 1st time - what a Simon filled year it's been!
Has it really been a year? What a great production, amazing cast, and what fabulous people we've met!

Love you always!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 18:12 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I'm now more convinced than ever that a 2nd run of Sleuth would be fantastic with, of course, Simon & Michael playing their original roles. Seeing it just the once was nowhere near enough.

There's too much of it that I can't remember whereas Hazel could almost play a part in it due to her memory recall of script and production - of course, seeing it approx. 10 does help I suppose!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 27 Oct 2013, 23:03 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Everyone know how much I loved(love) Sleuth, so I brought everything together in one place: http://www.shelliwood.net/sleuth/

Got a few little bits to add, but that will have to wait for another day

Report this post