It is currently 26 Feb 2017, 18:13

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

Feel free to start you own 'Introduction' topic or post in the general Welcome/Introductions one.
Start a new topic it you've got something to celebrate.

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 10:45 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon himself
I just thought I'd introduce myself and say Hi. I joined a while ago but I was having problems logging in so in the end I gave up! I am really lucky to work part-time as a Walk-on artist in TV and films. I've always loved acting and have been involved in Am-Dram for quite some time. My first "performances" were in my school plays, where I took part in shows such as The King and I, Oliver etc with Suzanne Jackson (now Packer, who plays Tess) who also went to my school.

After I left school I qualified as a Horse Riding Instructor and went to teach riding and manage a barn in the USA, which I absolutely loved! I was there for a few years before coming home to work as an Air Hostess, which was something I had always wanted to do. I married my husband (also called Simon) in 1989 and we have 2 children Josh, 12 and Gabriella 10. When the children were small I stayed at home as a full-time Mum and then when Gaby was about 3 I decided to sign on with an Agent to get some Extra and Walk-on roles. I've been doing it now for almost 8 years and I love it! It's so interesting to meet different people and see different locations, although it can also be very boring and not too pleasant - I once spent all night in a brewery in the middle of January, ABSOLUTELY FREEZING whilst filming Dr Who (the Cybermen episode). I also spent about a week lying in the middle of a road filming Ep 1&2 of the latest series of Casualty.......and the worst thing was that Simon wasn't even in those eps, so I didn't get to see him once in what turned out to be 21 days of filming! Grrrrrrrrrr!

It was working with Simon that made me realise what a lovely, genuine man he is. I had seen him in many productions over the years (I'll even admit to watching Falcon Crest, lol!) but I was working with him that made me fall in love! :wub: He is so nice and friendly, so down to earth that it's just unbelievable. He has no airs and graces and treats everyone on set equally and with respect (unlike many actors that I have had the misfortune of working with!) I loved working with him and Casualty is just not the same now he's not there :console:

Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos on set, but here are a few behind the scenes ones taken off set or as screen caps:

Simon definately looks better in scrubs than me!!

Trying to play dead and not breathe or blink - when Simon was stood next to me and my heart was hammering away!!!

Last edited by Sian on 05 Jun 2008, 11:08, edited 3 times in total.

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2008, 22:26 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
I've just realised the 'welcoming committee' has been slacking a bit lately, so . . . .

:welcome: tho I've already said it via PM :P

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2008, 23:02 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Very cool Sian!

Awesome photos. You look brilliant! x

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Unread postPosted: 16 Jun 2008, 23:35 
Lucius' Lover