All times are UTC+01:00

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 14:43 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Captain Simon Von MacCorkintrapp rocks the London Palladium

So it opened Monday.

I went on Tuesday. :D

It was a total coincidence a bunch of us were meeting in London for 3 days to see some shows and we were originally going to see Mamma Mia but I made them all change their mind with some help from Kirsty and Saz. :D

We were sooo excited to see this. It's something I totally couldn't imagin Simon even concidering doing but after refreshing my memory with the film, he looked perfect for the role... and he is.

Simon's fantastic.

He has such a stage presense, he always has. His entrance felt a lot like Sleuth and his character had some of his traits and Simon's mannerisms. He's very much made the character his own but it works very well with what the character needs to be like.

We were sat on row P of the stalls. We had a great view. We got binoculars which were passed up and down the row at certain intervals haha.

At one point we had to control our laughter;

A nun to Maria; Do you love him?
Me; *jokes* I do.
Caroline [two seats down]; *seriously* Me too.

:P It was just so much fun.

It's a fantastic show.

We did wonder if the performance was going to get cancelled because they said there was a technical fault at the beginning, and asking Simon afterwards he said they nearly had to cancel it. We were so worried! But it all went on without a hitch thankfully.

The chemistry between Simon and Summer is fab too. We were "awww"ing the whole time. :lol:

Simon's dancing is fab too! He's really good at that. They were very cute.

The Von Trapp kids very just amazing. I was in awe at their talent. And they were so cuteeeeeeeee. Especially Gretl who we decided was Saz. :P

Now onto the singing,

well as Simon said in his This Morning interview it just needs a little bit of coaxing out. It's definately there, I reckon he's so much better than he actually thinks he is but he just needs a little bit of confidence in his ability. :)

Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be fab once he's settled into his role. :)

When they all came out for the curtain call. We all clapped the nuns and the children [because they rocked so much!] then when Simon came out we did a row P standing ovation and screamed really loudly. Everyone looked at us, losers lol. They should have stood and applauded he rocked! Then Summer came out and still no one stood up!!!!!

They obviously don't know how musicals work!!!!! You stand up! So we stayed standing and she pointed at Simon like Michael would do in Sleuth so we screamed again [she must have known his fan club was in hahahaaa] and he pointed at her etc. It was fabulous.

We then went out to the stage door, which, by the way, is, if you're facing the entrance of the London Palladium to the right, round the corner, and next to the really huge lit up poster of the Sound of Music outside the gates. :)

We had to wait about 40 minutes for him, which was ok, because he said he had a meeting [understandable, it was his second night.] Susan came out with him which was lovely. :) We were the only ones left waiting for him because everyone else left after Summer snook out [literally] lol She was wearing a hate and sunglasses so we prosumed she was in a rush/ didn't want to see anyone so we left her be. :) There was a woman stood with us about 30 mins and she asked if Summer had come and gone so we said yes and she proceeded to call her mean and b!tch about how she should have made herself known and signed programmes. Rude! So we said that she couldn't demand that of an actor who doesn't get paid to do that and may have other things to do! She relucted slunk off into the night after that hahaaa.

So Simon came out and went "Oh God" because we'd come on his second night lol. I explained our fabulous coincidence and he seemed pleased to see us. He asked how we were, signed programmes.

By the way, the really big programmes [£6] haven't been updated with pics of Simon as CVT so don't buy that one. He's in the smaller [£3.50] programmes. :)

He spelt my name wrong, but I was told afterwards that that was my fault lmao. I don't mind. :) We had a group photo and Susan introduced herself to us all which was lovely, she seems so nice.

I told him I'd got into University [I mentioned it last time I saw him] and we started talking about what everyone was up to.

He was with us about 10 minutes before he thanked us all for coming and to enjoy our trip. :)

100% reccommend it.

Fab show and I still can't get over how much time Simon gives just to talk to people! I have a lot of respect for the guy. :) He said that I had to be nice in my review, I didn't need to try. :)

Attachments:
File comment: Simon and his girlssss.
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0594.JPG [ 57.75 KiB | Viewed 947 times ]

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.
Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 14:50 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
Awww that sounds like it was awesome! :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 16:01 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Patrick Kelly
Wow! Sounds like you all had a great time, super photo - giggles at the sub-title :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 16:18 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Glad you all had a great time. :D

Lovley Picture. :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 18:05 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Cheers guys!

We did have so much fun.

You all have to go!! It's fabby.

I can't wait until you all do so I can hear what you all think of it. :P x

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 18:27 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

I will be defo going well thats when i decide what day we can goo. :) :P

Glad you had fun Kathieee.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 30 Aug 2008, 23:07 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke or Simon Doyle or ...
Aw! What a fantastic picture, Kathie! Looks like he has as many "VonTrapps" offstage as he has on! Thanks for the review too. I would love to see him in this. I can picture him in the role rather easily, actually!

Go, Simon!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 31 Aug 2008, 19:15 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Thanks Celeste. :)

Yes, you're right, he does fit into the role perfectly. I wish you could see it too, you don't happen to have a TARDIS handy do you? Hahah

And I like that "Simon's Von Trapps" :lol:

Oh dear the SoM jokes are endless :lol:

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 01 Sep 2008, 21:45 
Romancing Reardon
Romancing Reardon

Favourite 'Simon' Character: .
Wow. Sounds great! Hope I can go!!
That photo is so good!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Sep 2008, 00:35 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Kathie, thanks for the great review. Love the photo - I'll bet he hated being surrounded by so many girls!! :lol: I'm going next Monday (week today) - now I'm really getting excited! I'm not sure what my Mum will think of waiting outside the stage door - tough, eh?! :P By the way, what time did the show finish? Mum would never forgive me if we missed the last train!! :lol:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Sep 2008, 19:34 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

You know I have no idea. :lol:

It started about half an hour late because of a technical fault so that wouldn't really help.

I'll check if there's any times in the programme.

Running time 2 hours 35 minutes including one interval. :)

You'll love it!

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 02 Sep 2008, 22:13 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Cheers, Kathie, you're a star. And I can't wait! I broke it to Mum that we'd be lurking at the stage door - her first response was "Well, so long as we don't miss our train!" I did suggest driving in, but I think that scared her even more than the notion of being stranded! :lol:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2008, 06:46 
Top Poster
Top Poster

I look forward to everyone's S.O.M reviews and I hope, Ali, you and Mum have a fantastic time. I'm sure your Mother will appreciate that lurking about stage doors is worth it - it's Simon after all. Here's hoping our provisional plans for Feb '09 comes to fruition, seeing Simon perform in this show would be fabulous.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2008, 09:13 
De Viega's Deity
De Viega's Deity

The show seems to be fantastic! Oh, I just wish I can go as well, but I doubt it. It is a pity that I have to travel so far to get there. Ah, I'll see at the end of this year, beginning next year if my budget can bear it.
For those who all go; have a great time and keep me posted!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 03 Sep 2008, 20:25 
Simon's Sweetheart
Simon's Sweetheart

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Andrew Wyke
Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go to London to see Simon :devil:

I approached the steps to the London Palladium.
- Let me take your suitcase. Have you come to see the show? Gosh that's heavy!
I nodded twice, first, yes, I have come to see the show and yes, my suitcase is heavy. I had heard it three times before. Among other gifts, it contained 4 bottles of beer, one for Michael Praed. I had left the gifts for Simon :flowers: with the stage door manager earlier before meeting Simon personally as he came in. It was wonderful to see him again! He very nearly walked in unnoticed as I was chatting with Simon fans who were waiting for him, too, but he didn't get past me. I spotted him right away. However, I took no pic of Simon.

Sound of Music was phantastic! They all had such wonderful voices, and Summer Strallen was phenomenal! Anybody who can make it to London, by all means, do not miss that show! It was an experience that I shall certainly not forget. Simon was brilliant as Captain von Trapp. They all were so great, I nearly started crying three times. :cry:

After the matinee show, I traveled on to Windsor for the weekend and, of course, to see Ideal Husband. :partyhard:

Gordina

Report this post