It is currently 17 Jan 2017, 18:18

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
Unread postPosted: 17 Oct 2008, 16:22 
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Harry Harper
Aw. Maybe you could ask someone to get you one when he's in them and send it to you?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 17 Oct 2008, 22:44 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I'll go buy in bulk if someone fancies buying this poor student a ticket to get in. ;)

Edit; and I'll even wait and get them signed for you if it's a good seat. :D

"Especially you" "Be good"

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.
Captain Von Trapp Slapped™.

Last edited by Kathie on 17 Oct 2008, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 18 Oct 2008, 17:25 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Jonathan Chase
Cheapskate! :P Simon's chasing the brochures apparently there's some flyers too :wub:

Kathie, can you say 'one person standing ovation' :P

(will do a proper review in time)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 29 Oct 2008, 23:01 

Favourite 'Simon' Character: Simon
I totally just got back from London from seeing this.

Well,

I've mixed opinions on it.
Obviously Simon was bloody fantastic :wub: His singing was good, when he sings he has such a low, deep voice and he looked gorgeous in his suite & navy uniform (which my nanny passed comment on- and to be fair, he probably heard it from the stage...)
My nanny, sister and cousin are now all converted into Simon fans, all the way back "I didn't know he was so talented!" - they loved it.

It took me about 30 minutes to work out what the blonde coloured thing attached to his fringe was. I even brought some binoculas (which proved to be handy) to try and make out what it was. My sister was saying "it's a curl!'
Turned out to be a microphone.

I really couldn't stand 'Maria', she had a good voice, but it was just her, something about her annoyed me, and I can't put my finger on it. She was really 'sickly'. Like a desert! Anybody else think that the actor playing Max resembles Kyle from Tenacious D? The kids were all great, I loved the Simon & kid interaction! OOOhh when they were dancing was awesome :wub:

We didn't have time to meet Si afterwards, as our coach left 15 minutes after it finished. But we did try beforehand. We went to the stage door an hour or so before the performance begun, and there were two girls waiting, with a Dino Hunter DVD, and we asked them, and they said we literally missed him by 30 seconds! What happened was- they turned their backs for 5 seconds, and when they turned back around they saw him going into stage door, so they were more unlucky to miss him like that! But I think my nanny was a tad dissapointed :cry: ( As am I!)

I didn't like the musical itself, but loved Simon haha

The program is brilliant, there is SOO many photos of Simon in it. We brought 3, and one of them was the old version with the old Captain Von Trap in, so my sister took it back saying " sorry we don't like this dude, can we swap it for the program with the other dude?" He just nodded. I think he was scared.
I couldn't find any flyers. But when the lady in front of me went to the toilet in the interval I may be guilty of stealing the one she had. She isn't gonna miss it though, and I know this because...she had folded it!!!!! But there's a lovely promo photo of Simon and 'Maria' in there. I also had a conversation with the lady behind me who wanted to know who played Captin VC, as she recognised him from Death On The Nile. *Queue simon trivia sharing with random lady"

Note to anybody going

This theatre does THE best chocolate ice cream known to man. :D

I didn't take many photos

Attachments:
S7301056.JPG
S7301056.JPG [ 52.06 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]
S7301063.JPG
S7301063.JPG [ 56.57 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]

Unread postPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 21:35 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

I have a large SOM program now :D Lovely pics of Simon, well worth it to get, tho 3 pic of the Captain in there aren't him it's the guy before - false advertising I think :roll:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:43 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Does anyone know how I can get hold off a big brochure with Simon in it can order one off the internet or anything ?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:46 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

jackie wrote:
Does anyone know how I can get hold off a big brochure with Simon in it can order one off the internet or anything ?

Not that I'm aware of you can try the SOM shop on their website. Or ask if someone going can get you one

Edit - if none of the above you can try ringing the Palladium asking if they can take the money and post you one

Last edited by shelliwood on 12 Nov 2008, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:49 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Yes I tried that, the shop on the website is not working at the moment will have to keep trying it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:51 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Cos you posted while I was editing my post - you can try ringing the Palladium asking if they can take the money and post you one

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 19:53 
Mikah's Muse
Mikah's Muse

Yes good idea will have to try, let you know how I get on.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 22:23 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

I'f I'd have known in advance that I'm going Friday people could have send me moneyss for them, meh. Nevermind, I'll get one for myselfs. :D

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 21:26 
Kapturing Kapp
Kapturing Kapp

Gutted its too late send money Kathie, is anyone else going so I could send them the money to get me a progamme? Coz I dont know if I can go now :cry:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 15:00 
Scar Hunter
Scar Hunter

Examples of the images in the brochure. Will upload full size ones after Simon's run has finished Full size images can be found in the gallery
http://www.simonmaccorkindale.net/gallery/thumb ... p?album=22

Last edited by shelliwood on 08 Mar 2009, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 00:56 
Lucius' Lover
Lucius' Lover

Squeeee those pictures are gorgeous :wub: . I am so gonna have to go get a program at some point :)

Report this post

Unread postPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 01:07 
FitzRoyce Fancier
FitzRoyce Fancier

Yummmmmmm. Absolutely loveeee this. It gets better every time I see it!

Well, ok, I was supposed to go on Friday but Uni commitments meant we went on Saturday instead so I was asked where I got to. We got row B. E.x.c.e.l.l.e.n.t. I went with my friend Sam from Halls, she really wanted to see it so I said I'd go with her.

I had a different set of children this time and :O *gasp* they were amazing! They absolutely rocked! I thought the others I saw were really good but these managed to top it somehow! They all seemed so confident and were on key for every note! Summer really seemed to be enjoying herself too. It really was just awesome to watch. We were sat right on the end of the row so I didn't tell Sam about the nuns and she loved it! :lol: She definately wasn't expecting it, bless her.

She particularly liked the Nuns, which I agree with, totally! The Mother Abbess blows be away every single time! She's scarily powerful! :lol:

And Simonnnn, it was really fab to sit so close to the front and see everyone's facial expressions! And the looks all the kids give to Simon and vice versa, it's so believable!!!

It was really funny when CVT kissed Maria and someone wolf-whistled at the back! It totally spoilt the moment but was really funny! I still find myself "Awwwwww"ing at the dancing scene! It's so fabulous! That's one of my favourite bits!

Alsoooo, I love Something Good. It's such a lovely song!! Any scene the Mother Abbess is in because she's amazing! And obviously anything Simon's in! Specifically ^ Something Good, Edelweiss and well I can't remember. Hahaa.
It's all excellent really!

It was interesting having the u/s for Max because I'm so used to the guy playing a really scary German but he was a really nice Max! I do prefer the normal Max and they guy [I should really find out his name how rude of me!] played the nasty German better but it was still nice to see someone else playing him! :) I'd quite like to see u/s Maria too sometime, but I don't intend on going back anytime soon, even if I want to lots and lots, yes.

I did get a picture because Sam didn't want to just get one on her own, then I blinked so went back for another! lol Oops.

She still has them on her camera. I'll get it asap.

We managed to meet Summer afterwards too! For the first time for me, she'd either left quickly or looked like she didnt want to talk to anyone before so I just let her go, but she was really lovely, and although she needed to be somewhere she would sign for everyone, even those calling her Maria. :lol: At least get her name right!

I had someone ask me who Simon was too. lol I had to laugh, I explained and said Captain Von Trapp and she was like "Ohhhh, yes!!" and mobbed him. :roll: There was a group of girls from Glasgow, down for someone's birthday, looking like they'd enjoyed themselves. Me and Sam just stood aside and let everyone talk to him. And he was as lovely with everyone as he always is!

I made a friend too, and did my bit promoting the site!! Her name was Hannah and she was on her own so I asked her who she was waiting for, and she said Simon. So I gave her the site address and she said she'd have a look, so if she joins I'd like "Site recruitment Officer" adding to my title please. ;) I'll look like a bit of an arse if she doesn't though lol I didn't scare her, honest! Sam thought I was a bit of a loser though lol

So yes, excellentttt night and I can't wait to go again, whenever on earth that will be lol

x

I "ve" my Simonese Twin.

Last edited by Kathie on 17 Nov 2008, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next